Plus/Minus rating buttons

Albion

Featured Posts

Can anyone tell me what has happened on the rating buttons in the bottom right of a posting? Earlier today (I think) I had two buttons a plus and a minus. Now I seem to only have one, the plus and yet there are minus ratings showing on some posts. Has this facility been altered to plus only but existing minuses remain or what?

Roger

• Greenie 1

Can anyone tell me what has happened on the rating buttons in the bottom right of a posting? Earlier today (I think) I had two buttons a plus and a minus. Now I seem to only have one, the plus and yet there are minus ratings showing on some posts. Has this facility been altered to plus only but existing minuses remain or what?

Roger

I've never been a fan of the reputation facility on here - as it was considered by many as meaningless and others as open to abuse because you could vote your own posts up (how daft is that?) or members could 'tactility' vote somebody else's posts up or down (using 2 votes a day) to reduce or raise a members reputation, not an issue for a member who didn't care, but might have been to some that did.

So if it has gone in least in part, it's a big step forward.

ETA - I can testify you can still vote your own posts up though... :rolleyes:

How bizarre, but true!

EDIT: Tried to give you a "plus" but it says I've used my quota for the day.....

You should have saved one of your 110.... ;)

Edited by MJG

Oops! I seemed to have reached my quota on this thread alone...I only clicked on them because I was reminded that they were there...normally I just ignore them.

I'll be glad to see the back of them. Totally meaningless waste of space.

Janet

• Greenie 4

Do you mean to say my bad reputation wasn't earned :wacko: I was really rather proud of it. Albion I managed to add a plus to your score.

Sue

Thanks Sue, you are very kind, but it wasn't as though I was wanting to use a minus button; I was just very curious where it had gone to when there were still minus ratings shown. At the moment you only have the choice of plus or nothing. Very odd unless the mods have decided that the recent surge in negative ratings (that I have observed by the way) was divisive and that they only wanted positive ratings or nothing at all.

Roger

Yes, it appears the the system has received mixed response from members, and if im honest although i was keen to try it i do think the invision implementation (new to v3) is somewhat less developed than the system ive seen used on forums such as the student rooms, where it works really well. Further to that it appear that the ability to negatively rate posts is being abused by some, and taken quite seriously by others. Hence although atleast for the mean time it remains, i have set it to a positive rate only system.

Daniel

Yes, it appears the the system has received mixed response from members, and if im honest although i was keen to try it i do think the invision implementation (new to v3) is somewhat less developed than the system ive seen used on forums such as the student rooms, where it works really well. Further to that it appear that the ability to negatively rate posts is being abused by some, and taken quite seriously by others. Hence although atleast for the mean time it remains, i have set it to a positive rate only system.

Daniel

Thankyou :) good call Daniel.

Daniel

Yes good one I was involved in a war with a certain member and it really pissed me off and really I should never have got involved so childish for me to retaliate but hey I can be human!! I am not sure if I care about me reputation but I cared that I was going down 2 everyday without even posting for days as I was travelling.

Yes good one I was involved in a war with a certain member and it really pissed me off and really I should never have got involved so childish for me to retaliate but hey I can be human!! I am not sure if I care about me reputation but I cared that I was going down 2 everyday without even posting for days as I was travelling.

Hmmm. What else can you be?

I don't see the point in keeping the plus points though. It's going to be a bit like school sports days now, where everyone's a winner and there are no losers. Just do away with it altogether.

No they're not! What about Sir Nibble's magnificent mega negative rating, in keeping with his new job as Satan, the Devil incarnate!

S'not right...

Richard

:P

You are joking -16, just pathetic,

even I managed -15 at one point under a sustained multiple negative vote when I dared to ask what other CWDF members thought about the reputation facility.

You are joking -16, just pathetic,

even I managed -15 at one point under a sustained multiple negative vote when I dared to ask what other CWDF members thought about the reputation facility.

Clearly the heady days of minus 60 are long gone. I'll bet even Evo has managed to vote himself positive by now

Richard

Daniel

I'd give this a plus if I could....

Tone

• Greenie 1