Whitfield

dor

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Coolant loop from the engine to warm the tub.

If you want bubbles, run the engine exhaust in to the hot tub! Luxury. 😀

Don't need the engine exhaust for bubbles, just eat lots of beans... 😉

22 minutes ago, IanD said:

Don't need the engine exhaust for bubbles, just eat lots of beans... 😉

Converting beans in to Methane, with its high global warming potential? Not the environmentally friendly approach. With fossil fuel exhaust hot tub bubbles, you are getting extra use out of the CO2 in the bubbles before putting them in to the atmosphere

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

I’ve seen some hire boats  with a hot tub in the welldeck/bow area, can’t think where from just now, so it’s not a new concept.

Can’t say i’d fancy it meself. My only contact with a hot tub has been with a lodge up at Kielder, it was kept running constantly and a chap came to check it every day. Power draw to keep it toasty must be significant, so surely you couldn’t run it that way on a boat. How long and how much power to heat that volume of water? God rest yer batteries. (obviously not a job for old LA)

I've seen wood fired hot tubs.  Could be an option. Also diesel fired heaters for those garden pool could work.

Those electric hot tubs typically have a 4kw electric heater and a couple of big electric pumps. Usually need a 20A supply. 

There are smaller hot tubs that can run off a 13A socket. 

49 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Does being half the original price make it a bargain? I wouldn't want it for £75K, It must be 10 years old by now

I wouldn't want it for free. It reminds me of an old Jag. Looks luxurious but cheap to buy because the maintenance and repair costs will be crippling. 

Edited by MtB
Add a bit.
  • Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Converting beans in to Methane, with its high global warming potential? Not the environmentally friendly approach. With fossil fuel exhaust hot tub bubbles, you are getting extra use out of the CO2 in the bubbles before putting them in to the atmosphere

Or just add a tin of Andrews Liver Salts (can you still get them?) everyone and then. 🤣