Favourite bit of Kit you wouldn't be without

PatM293

Featured Posts

Hi PatM293. The website you are looking for is www.lockmasterwindlass.co.uk. If you have any questions that the website doesn't address, please don't hesitate to contact me and I would be pleased to help.

As Pat 293's question was in Dec 2010, and he's not been logged on the forum for two years, I suspect you may be waiting awhile for his response.

• 5 years later...
23 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

No you only need 1.

If you only have 1,and it is wrong, you won't know.Ignorance is bliss, just ask MtB.

If you have 3 and they all read the same it would be a Fluke.

I have five clamp meters. One in each bote, one in the workshop and one in the van. 

They all read slightly differently! 

But then if I use the same clamp meter twice to measure the same current, the two results will be different from each other. Clamp meters give you a good idea of the current but must not be relied upon to be accurate.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

But then if I use the same clamp meter twice to measure the same current, the two results will be different from each other. Clamp meters give you a good idea of the current but must not be relied upon to be accurate.

Just clamp all 5 on and take an average.

11 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I find it quite nostalgic when someone (almost always a new member) resurrects a very old thread and up pop all these names from the past.  some we know why they went, and others just went.

I was just thinking the same

52 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I have five clamp meters. One in each bote, one in the workshop and one in the van. 

They all read slightly differently! 

Old Chinese proverb, Man with watch knows time, man with two watches never knows time.

12 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I find it quite nostalgic when someone (almost always a new member) resurrects a very old thread and up pop all these names from the past.  some we know why they went, and others just went.

The weird thing is when the resurrector posts on a thread 7.5 years ago raving about a Lockmaster Windlass, then hardly ever posts again.  Then 7.5 years later posts again on the same thread raving about a Go Windlass.

Is there such a thing as having a windlass fetish?

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

The weird thing is when the resurrector posts on a thread 7.5 years ago raving about a Lockmaster Windlass, then hardly ever posts again.  Then 7.5 years later posts again on the same thread raving about a Go Windlass.

There is, but it only scores 7.5/10 on our boat.:(

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

If you stand to make a few bob selling them , then yes.

• 1 month later...