To ease some cabin fever

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Number 4 is definitely on the Broads, and I would have guessed at Sutton Staithe too, but it would appear that's incorrect.

It's on a dyke rather than the main river, and the trees narrow down the possibilities considerably. It's not on the River Thurne, but could be somewhere on the Ant or upper Bure. Barton Turf maybe? If it's on the Southern Broads then I'm much less likely to recognise it.

Number 4 is definitely on the Broads, and I would have guessed at Sutton Staithe too, but it would appear that's incorrect.

It's on a dyke rather than the main river, and the trees narrow down the possibilities considerably. It's not on the River Thurne, but could be somewhere on the Ant or upper Bure. Barton Turf maybe? If it's on the Southern Broads then I'm much less likely to recognise it.

It is Sutton Staithe

No 2

Torksey Lock

No4

Is on the Norfolk Broads somewhere, possible Sutton Staithe?

Gretzky i missed you edit. It is Sutton Staithe :cheers:

On a similar theme to Bazza's post yesterday, a little game to ease some winter boredom and relieve a bit of cabin fever.

Spot the location. Some of these are easier than others

Photo 1:

DSC00375.jpg

Photo 2:

DSC00388.jpg

Photo 5:

DSC00450.jpg

Only numbers 1, 2 and 5 to go. At this rate you should have them by the end of the year :lol:

It is Sutton Staithe

Then I think Gretzky got it a while back.

Sutton's a very pleasant place (about three miles or so from my house by road, a fair bit further by river), but it's a real pity that the NNT seem content to let Sutton Broad silt up - it's about half as wide as it was when I first went there 25 or so years ago.

It is Sutton Staithe

Gretzky i missed you edit. It is Sutton Staithe :cheers:

Only numbers 1, 2 and 5 to go. At this rate you should have them by the end of the year :lol:

5 is surely R Trent somewhere, but I'm not familiar with the non-tidal bit below Nottingham.

Tim

No2 is somewhere the banks have been raised, and has reverse gates above the lock. Selby? Long time (30+ years) since I was there.

Tim

Close

5 is surely R Trent somewhere, but I'm not familiar with the non-tidal bit below Nottingham.

Tim

It is indeed

Then I think Gretzky got it a while back.

Sutton's a very pleasant place (about three miles or so from my house by road, a fair bit further by river), but it's a real pity that the NNT seem content to let Sutton Broad silt up - it's about half as wide as it was when I first went there 25 or so years ago.

Sutton is lovely and we always make the effort to go there when we visit the Broads. The food in the hotel is excellent and they did a fantastic boaters breakfast the last time we visited a couple of years ago. Its certainly high on our list of places to visit when we take NC to the broads, hopefully next year.

Does it have the name of the lock on the sign board to the right of the entrance?

Richard

No

Is Number 5 Cromwell Lock?

It is indeed. Im suprised no one got that one earlier.

On a similar theme to Bazza's post yesterday, a little game to ease some winter boredom and relieve a bit of cabin fever.

Photo 1:

DSC00375.jpg

Photo 2:

DSC00388.jpg

Just numbers 1 and 2 to go

Not Keadby, but you are closer than most. Getting towards the right part of England anyway :rolleyes:

Yep, on reflection it's not deep enough for Keadby and NC is fully at the bottom of the lock due to the gusher between the gates and cill.

Wild guess 'cos Ive never been through it, only past it......West Stockwith? (Not at all confident though and yet the lock appearance is very Trentish).

Roger

Yep, on reflection it's not deep enough for Keadby and NC is fully at the bottom of the lock due to the gusher between the gates and cill.

Wild guess 'cos Ive never been through it, only past it......West Stockwith? (Not at all confident though and yet the lock appearance is very Trentish).

Roger

No. Its isnt on the Trent.

Bank Dole

It is indeed. :cheers:

Photo 1:

DSC00375.jpg

Just No.1 to go.

Let me put this one to bed.

Photo 1 is the Don Aqueduct on the New Junction Canal