BCN Challenge

dove

Featured Posts

If you are taking Tawny Owl on at bunting, you'll lose. We're incredibly cheap and tacky

Can you draw the forum up a shortlist (I'm guessing it will be a very short list) of things we all might consider taking Tawny Owl on at? You're going to win Most Crew/Best dogging site discovered/tackiest bunting/most lockmiles possible in the universe/most impressive boat-droppings(you're welcome to that one).... Oh and you can fix stuff too AND counsel losers. We're starting to feel intimidated here!

If Team Odana don't get themselves organised and stop procrastinating the day job, they'll be competing internally for the 'most student essays marked while cruising the Curly Wurley' award.

Can you draw the forum up a shortlist (I'm guessing it will be a very short list) of things we all might consider taking Tawny Owl on at?

They're not going to get the Most Leisurely Pootle Around the Outskirts of Birmingham award. That cup is mine!

We shall have to see about that.

Oh OK you two - we can always have a Most Leisurely Pootle AND a Most Tranquil Amble award..

Award for least points to destination?

Fighting over the wooden spoon?

:blink:

I don't know why Team Tawny Owl has been put on such a high pedestal.

In 2009 it was a group of people out for a weekends boating in the sunshine. It was as much a shock to us (certainly me) as everyone else when we came second.

Obviously now, we're doomed to abject failure :lol:

Can you draw the forum up a shortlist (I'm guessing it will be a very short list) of things we all might consider taking Tawny Owl on at? You're going to win Most Crew/Best dogging site discovered/tackiest bunting/most lockmiles possible in the universe/most impressive boat-droppings(you're welcome to that one).... Oh and you can fix stuff too AND counsel losers. We're starting to feel intimidated here!

If Team Odana don't get themselves organised and stop procrastinating the day job, they'll be competing internally for the 'most student essays marked while cruising the Curly Wurley' award.

We're very good at cake too

Richard

It is with a heavy heart I must formally announce the retirement of team Sudan.

Many posters will remember Alexandra and those with the courage to step into the old IRC will remember the coven that grew therein; the coven meets this weekend to celebrate Alex's fortyninetyfirst birthday in Loughborough and I am a hapless participant in the rites. I expect to be firmly chained to the Norty Step for the weekend...

Good luck and happy sailing, I hope to see the CWDF flag at numero uno this year.

ETA, if teams are once more girding themselves in the Prince of Wales I'll probably see you there; I might even bring the hangover faerie again.

Edited by Smelly

Can you draw the forum up a shortlist (I'm guessing it will be a very short list) of things we all might consider taking Tawny Owl on at?

We are going to tweet the BCN Challenge using the name nbtawnyowl, so "Most Facile Tweet Award" (aka The Gyan Riggs Memorial Cup).

We get a lot of stuff stuck round the prop (technical BCN term for this is, I understand "s**t"), so there should be a competition for the Weight of S**t.

Best looking crew? Last time, we spent a lot of time just looking at things. We reckon we are the best at looking.

Minutes Bow-hauled?

Number of Polar Bears and Black Smoke Monsters Seen?

All good competitions. We will wing them all.

Many posters will remember Alexandra and those with the courage to step into the old IRC will remember the coven that grew therein; the coven meets this weekend to celebrate Alex's fortyninetyfirst birthday in Loughborough and I am a hapless participant in the rites. I expect to be firmly chained to the Norty Step for the weekend...

Good luck and happy sailing, I hope to see the CWDF flag at numero uno this year.

ETA, if teams are once more girding themselves in the Prince of Wales I'll probably see you there; I might even bring the hangover faerie again.

Not only that but I'm hoping to get custody of the norty step for the next term... Get used to being chained!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to be able to introduce to you the final member of Team Tawny Owl:

Nobber002-s.jpg

With his extensive knowledge of the canal network gained on his many years faithful service to the beer run, I'm pleased to have Nobber as a valuable addition to our team

Richard

No fair! I had stocked the fridge with beers that I owe you, and now I'm going to have to not drink them for another TWO WEEKS!!!

Hi All,

Team Yeoford still have a couple of bunks free if anyone wants to join us for the weekend.

Sarah

Hi Sarah, I know heffalump and friend were looking for a place recently, might be worth a PM if he's not been on here recently, unless of course they are already signed up and I missed it. :P

Sue (as Richard)

Hi All,

Team Yeoford still have a couple of bunks free if anyone wants to join us for the weekend.

Sarah

You can have our (Tawny Owl) skipper if you like. He shouts at us when we don't bow-haul hard enough and doesn't let us stop at pubs.

You can have our (Tawny Owl) skipper if you like. He shouts at us when we don't bow-haul hard enough and doesn't let us stop at pubs.

I'm watching you Mark

Richard

Yes we will be there. We finally made it to Birmingham this weekend, 67 locks this weekend so getting into the swing! Passed Tawny Owl at the top of Hatton but she looked a bit empty. Met Capt Ahab on Sunday for lunch. He has entered and no doubt will blog about it here. I see he has musing been about sunseekers on nitrous oxide going down the new main line but I think / hope he is going round on Wand’ring Bark.

Yup - I will be there with my trusty band of sea dogs. Watch out for the vivid orange flag fluttering out the back. Have disconnected the nitros oxide to give you all a chance....

Yup - I will be there with my trusty band of sea dogs. Watch out for the vivid orange flag fluttering out the back. Have disconnected the nitros oxide to give you all a chance....

Awww. I like explosions

Richard