BCN Challenge

dove

Featured Posts

Us five/six, this time. John'll be off chaperoning his son's stag weekend, so I've hired in younger more competitive crew. More food, more drink, more locks, less sleep. If only I could find my points sheet in the decorating chaos that is my boat at the moment, I'd make a Plan too.

Anyone have a scanned copy of the rules they want to send me?

You can have my 2009 rules if you want

Richard

You can have my 2009 rules if you want

Richard

Nice try. Haven't they changed this year?

Does the Cat's programme work properly yet? I'm a bit blurred at work at the moment - hoping to get the crew to invent a draft Plan

Nice try. Haven't they changed this year?

<snip>

Have they? :rolleyes:

Richard

The Cat's planner is very good, although you may waste a load of time discovering all the comedic items

Edited by RLWP

Seems that the main opposition is the cat who walks by himself again. We will fart in their general direction.

??? We're only competition for you if you're two old ladies in a canoe. Although we're guaranteed some points by the fact that it's now just the First Mate and me again, the goalposts having moved once more in my constant battle with the forces of darkness (still on for Lapworth two weeks later, btw).

I have finished planning my route with my planner. We're leaving at 73 minutes past eight on Saturday, passing through the Dordogne, lower Mesopotamia (missing out the horrendous flight on the Euphrates) and arriving in Walsall some time in the 14th century. I think there may be some more bugs in the code, though...

??? We're only competition for you if you're two old ladies in a canoe.

<snip>

How did you get hold of our plan!!!

Richard

I know of at least one windlass-wielding forum member looking for a berth that we can't accommodate if you are looking for crew

I've just emailed for an application form.

:)

Hurrah!

So, who's in then?

Team Tawny Owl: (Including RLWP, Mrs Tawny Owl, Proper_Job, Stort Mark, possible CreamCheese)

Team Black Beauty: Odana, Black Beauty

Laurie.Booth

Nine of Hearts (wooden spoon competitor)

Smelly and Bagpuss?

Dove?

John6767?

TeeELL?

NB Indigo Dream: RichardN

Is that right, any more?

Richard

Team Tawny Owl: (Including RLWP, Mrs Tawny Owl, Proper_Job, Stort Mark, possible CreamCheese)

Team Black Beauty: Odana, Black Beauty

Laurie.Booth

Smelly and Bagpuss?

Dove?

John6767?

TeeELL?

NB Indigo Dream: RichardN

Team Ling: Sarahavfc, FadeToScarlet, black ibis, Liam, Kez, dhutch

Is that right, any more?

Richard

Yep, we're in. And I know it's not at all in the spirit of things, but the Mate was looking on the brightside of being deprived of the smaller crew members and having some time just with the Captain (she is quite mad). So I'll have to churlishly decline your kind offer of extra crew.

I can't make the BCN Challenge. I have plans for Ariel that weekend which I need to be there for.

Have fun everyone.

Is that you out of Team Ling, or is Team Ling out too?

Richard

Yep we are definitely on.

Stage 2 of pre BCN boat move completed on Saturday, and I spent yesterday afternoon doing a recce of various strategic locations by car.

This will be just the 2 of us, so disappointed in the points scheme that you don't get more bonus points for a small crew, the winning strategy would certainly seem to be to go mob handed! We may be fighting it out with Nine of Hearts for the wooden spoon.

Current plan is to arrive central Birmingham on the Thursday and on the Friday transfer to our top secret start location. rolleyes.gif

I thought you were full, and then some.

PM sent

<snip>

This will be just the 2 of us, so disappointed in the points scheme that you don't get more bonus points for a small crew

<snip>

Are you sure?

Richard

Ling is still down at Stratford in the paint dock, looking very doubtful with work commitments that I will be able to get her to the BCN in time, unless someone volunteers to move her for me next week. I'm trying to find another boat for usto use.