BCN Challenge

dove

Featured Posts

I'd like to thank you both for setting the locks for us going down the Ryders Green locks, it was a big help. You might be wondering why we didn't catch you up in the flight. We got stuck in the first lock and had to get BW out to free us (Two hours delay).

We had a great time over the weekend and hope to do it next year. Saw Team Tawny Owl in the pub and regret not introducing ourselves.

:cheers:

You're very welcome. We did wonder what had happened to you, I assumed you'd stopped for a spot of lunch. I never thought for a minute you'd be stuck!

I followed that hat all the way down the Walsall Canal! :captain:

'pologies if'n we held you up. I had half a mind to pole the bugger along at some points. I think the best way to negotiate the Walsall would be to be towed by a Landrover.

'pologies if'n we held you up. I had half a mind to pole the bugger along at some points. I think the best way to negotiate the Walsall would be to be towed by a Landrover.

Rumour has it that next year you will be able to be towed but by slightly older technology as they will allow horse drawn boats, so you just need to grab one of those little horses you see tethered on the Curly Wurly - well at least to my inexperienced eye they look like they could fit through a bridge hole. I am not sure if even our supply of dog c*&p bags will be enough. I think they should also introduce a negative bonus points for springers :-)

I got an email with our placing yesterday, we came 6th. Anyone else going to own up to where they came?

I don't know where the points total that they got comes from though it's (a little bit) more than I thought, and includes fractional points and the only thing that I can see will give that is draught bonus and I find it hard to believe we were measured as 26in. Although draught bonus still does not make the points tally. glare.gif

The winner has way more points than us though, and fractional again.

I got an email with our placing yesterday, we came 6th. Anyone else going to own up to where they came?

I don't know where the points total that they got comes from though it's (a little bit) more than I thought, and includes fractional points and the only thing that I can see will give that is draught bonus and I find it hard to believe we were measured as 26in. Although draught bonus still does not make the points tally. glare.gif

The winner has way more points than us though, and fractional again.

No, we've heard nothing

Richard

I thought I had lost you when I had to make two trips down the weed hatch but then caught you up when your prop wash started to look like a washing machine. You didn't hold us up a bit. 10 mins later we caug :captain: ht the dreaded mattress of the Tame Valley - now that really did hold us up!

No, we've heard nothing

Richard

Nor me..... :captain:

email address?

Richard

Richard - I am away this weekend and wont be at Pelsall. If you discover our position will you post it on the forum please?

<snip>

Richard - I am away this weekend and wont be at Pelsall. If you discover our position will you post it on the forum please?

I'm bantering at Lapworth this weekend, so I won't be at Pelsall either. Perhaps Andrew on Dove will do the honours

Richard

I'm bantering at Lapworth this weekend, so I won't be at Pelsall either. Perhaps Andrew on Dove will do the honours

Richard

I will report - I will be there on Saturday but without Sue as her choir is singing that day and with less dogs then usual as a festival will be too much for Jelly Boy, Greyhound #2, Lynx, cut open a pad on some glass in Walsall Basin on Saturday so he is on a 10 day exercise ban. Greyhound #1, Lou, on the other hand will enjoy tarting up to people so she can come. I sort of have a vain hope of getting home on Saturday but the experience of a quick cup of tea with Malus & Atlas last Saturday suggests that could be wishful thinking.

Edited by RichardN

Richard

Will do. when all buttons come back on the screen!

Andrew

Results for Tawny Owl are in. We came fourth!

We're getting worse :blink:

Richard

I shall have to leave most of the crew behind next time, and ballast Tawny Owl down well

Edited by RLWP
  • Greenie 1

Results for Tawny Owl are in. We came fourth!

We're getting worse :blink:

Richard

I shall have to leave most of the crew behind next time, and ballast Tawny Owl down well

So who is the top 3 then I wonder. What was your points total?