BCN Challenge

dove

Featured Posts

I been playin with Unka Richards camara. I hope he dont mind

I got this one wrong with the camara wrong way round. its my nose

Blurrednose.jpg

tee hee

this is Unka Richards and Arnty Sues boat on the canal it was cold and blowy this mornin

boatwiththumb.jpg

This is the canal but I carnt remember where it is

cloudycanal.jpg

this is some of Unka Richards and Arnty Sues friends what came with us. I likes em

friends.jpg

Edited by Nobber

Firefly John6767

Walsall-2.jpg

Muskrat, 2009 winner (Booo!):

Walsall-3.jpg

Indigo Dream:

Walsall-4.jpg

The Cat (Wooden Spoon Competitor):

Walsall-5.jpg

Forum Boats. Firefly, Carrie (Laurie.Booth), Dove, Tawny Owl, Odana:

Walsall-6.jpg

Richard

What happened to Team Not Ling????

MORE: Dove, you swine, that IS the same matress Tawny Owl picked up today!!!!!

When will we find out who won Unka Richard I hope it was us?

Pelsall in two weeks, we'll be there to shake your hand.

Andrew

edit...brain fart

Edited by dove

Took these last night -

"Deepest Darlo" on a saturday night - 9.16PM a brave boater on the Walsall canal in the area where the "iron crosses" grow! Well done all on the Challenge.

DARLASTON21142852011.jpg

DARLASTON21162852011.jpg

Edited by Laurence Hogg

What happened to Team Not Ling????

Aha, operation Confuse Tawny Owl was a complete success!

We arrived at Walsall town arm at 7am, having come straight from Norton Canes. Because we had to get our boat back to Gas Street by the early evening today, we couldn't execute the full plan, which was to do the whole Curly Wurly and into Wasall by 2pm. Instead we went straight to Gas Street via the loops. We lose 20 points I think for not.finishing at Walsall- our official finish point, reached at 13.59, was Smethwick Junction. Got back to Gas Street by 4, but were all too knackered to get on a train to Walsall and join in. Sorry to have missed it, it just wasn't possible logistically, especially with the weed slowing us to bowhauling on the Walsall Canal.

Clearly far too much action in Birmingham to be good for you all. Stone cold sober in Chippenham but have met up with Magpie and Val this afternoon. Enjoy the evening!

And we enjoyed meeting you too. And thanks for your compliment on Val's healthy looks, it meant a lot, remembering just how ill she was last year and how far she has come since then, and that others notice.

And Val's side shared a street space with Pig Dyke Molly, who are absolute Gods of Morris dancing..... Yet another fab weekend

Congratulations to the BCN Society for organising this event again. I can't think of anywhere else in the country that you could do this. I think it is great that the Challenge gets you to go to parts of the BCN that you would not normally go and I have to say they are great. I particularly like the Curly Wurly, I think that despite all the cut backs great strides are being made in keeping the Birmingham lock flights alive and the spot dredging has made a real difference. We will enter again at the first opportunity.

My money is on Captain Ahab winning but don't tell him I said that.

• Greenie 3

Team Tawny Owl now sadly depleted through natural wastage. Just RLWP, Mrs Tawny Owl and Robert the Geek. Nobber is in bed and won't get up

Heading for Ryder's Green locks now

Richard

My missing crew member arrived from Stansted at 530am, wide awake, so we shot out of the basin at 6 and straight into a tarpaulin before we'd even digested breakfast. Now just entering the home straight - back home in an hour.

What a fabulous weekend - thanks to the organisers. And it was great to meet more forumites and other challengers. Looking forward to next year....

Just completed Riders Green locks.

Being really nice and resetting for The Cat That Walks By Himself behind us. (after checking nothing coming the other way of course. :P )crew very soggy, Robert and I now inside drying out leaving Richard in charge and slowly being washed away.

We might swap crew later if he's lucky.

Don't worry nobber, I'll make some dinner soon, but it's only 11am. Maybe you shouldn't have had that 2nd glass of coke :cheers:

Sue

Congratulations to the BCN Society for organising this event again. I can't think of anywhere else in the country that you could do this. I think it is great that the Challenge gets you to go to parts of the BCN that you would not normally go and I have to say they are great.

I very much echo this.

- Ive dont the mainline maybe 10 times, down the windmill end a couple, but otherwise im a total BCN virgin so it was very nice to get to explore all the other bits, as well as actaully quite surprising how little we hit or picked up on the prop.

Thankyou all who made it happen and all that took part.

Daniel

Many congrats to all forum members who took part-you ALL deserve medals for making the attempt. (next year, can you all fit 'Water Explorer' so that the rest of us can join in & take bets??) :lol:

We all do get a medal, although as it's oval, three and a half inches across and weighs over 100 grammes, It's a bit inconvenient to wear.

You could always screw it to a bit of wood though

Richard

Nobber's still refusing to get up. He's hiding in his sleeping bag with a packet of c'isps and a pile of Beanos