BCN Challenge

dove

Featured Posts

We arrived yesterday.

Currently moored at the start of the Ozellls Street loop by the NIA.

Anyone checked the weather? I note the bbc is predicting 16mph south-westerly winds for Sunday. I apologize in advance to all the people I'm going to "nudge" getting into Walsall. Being light and generous with the freeboard, El gato never takes too kindly to a crosswind. :blush:

Anyone checked the weather? I note the bbc is predicting 16mph south-westerly winds for Sunday. I apologize in advance to all the people I'm going to "nudge" getting into Walsall. Being light and generous with the freeboard, El gato never takes too kindly to a crosswind. :blush:

Grey and windy here at the moment. Forecast seems to be windier tomorrow sad.gif

Was very windy when we arrived yesterday later afternoon, just after the torrential rain had stopped. My passage through Worcester bar was less then perfect!

I didnt say I had spiked the cannons!

Is that in the rules? :-)

We are running so far behind. I have broken the linkage (or whatever you call it) to my car gearbox, Sue's flight back from Belfast is delayed ...

Odana has had her pre-Challenge (OK, annual) scrub, the banner is made, and as soon as I've bought up Tesco to feed the crew arriving later, we're ready for the off. 'Stinger' rolls of carpet, tarpaulin and wire fencing will only be brought into use if challengers act in a threatening manner.

Getting very excited now!

The crew of Ocelot are about to jump in to the car to go to Brum and join the crew of Tawny Owl

For all those taking part - good luck and I'll see you in the basin at Walsall

For those who aren't - put it in the diary for next year - you won't regret it

:captain:

:cheers:

Edited by Proper Job

Leaving Shereborne Wharf Birmingham about 10.30 Saturday. Looking forward to meeting you all, if it is windy please forgive my Clarrie banging about as we are only 35ft and very light. I usually don't boat if it's windy, so here's to Walsall Sunday.

:cheers:

You can have our (Tawny Owl) skipper if you like. He shouts at us when we don't bow-haul hard enough and doesn't let us stop at pubs.

I is good at pulling

I'se going on my holidays wiv Unka Richard

I'se all excited an everyfin

Tawny Owl is now in Sherborne Wharf waiting for the next two crew. We've lost two crew already!

Beer from the Cafe by the Bar (that's Worcester bar) is excellent, we left with three pints of mild - lovely

Where are you Laurie?

Richard

Stort_Mark says please tweet @nbtawnyowl

A cunning start point...

Mike

It'll give him a chance to fill up the Perry Barr flight before tomorrow morning

Team Tawny Owl now temporarily down to three as Robert the Geek and Stort_mark have buggered off to the pub

Nobber is shedding crisp crumbs all over the place

Richard

Where are you Laurie? I think we just helped a boat block the view from your cratch

Team Yeoford will be arriving in Gas Street over the next couple of hours.

Tawny Owl moored on the loop by the gym.... and heading off to our top secret starting location later(and still tweeting @nbtawnyowl)

Is that "avfc" as in "Going down with the Albion!"avfc?? Understand there are extra points for going past Villa Park and booing.

Tawny Owl moored on the loop by the gym.... and heading off to our top secret starting location later(and still tweeting @nbtawnyowl)

Is that "avfc" as in "Going down with the Albion!"avfc?? Understand there are extra points for going past Villa Park and booing.

That's where were spent last night. Now in our top secret start location.

Nice evening, let's hope for more of this weather wise tomorrow.

It'll give him a chance to fill up the Perry Barr flight before tomorrow morning

Done it allready, coming up. Just been to check and the dam things are empty again. Bottom gates are like cullinders.

Also, looking forward to a nice shower when we got here, but they're closed due to vandelisum. Completely recked inside!

Andrew

Odana has had her pre-Challenge (OK, annual) scrub, ...

You couldn't give the Cat a squirt with the presure washer while you're at it, could you?

Had to do a contractual obligation number round the First Mate's aged Ps, so didn't get the chance.

That's where were spent last night. Now in our top secret start location.

Nice evening, let's hope for more of this weather wise tomorrow.

Meanwhile, somewhere in England, Tawny Owl is on the move

Oh, spotted Laurie, but no signs of life so we moved on

Richard

Rest of crew getting pissed on cruiser stern

Meanwhile, somewhere in England, Tawny Owl is on the move

Oh, spotted Laurie, but no signs of life so we moved on

Richard

Rest of crew getting pissed on cruiser stern

I knew cruiser sterns were a good idea... :)

Have a good one - good luck! :)

PC

Well I could reveal where Tawny Owl is, having just spoken to them, but then that would reveal where I am......... what's it worth rolleyes.gif

Not to let on where you are?

:P

Richard

Have you got some orange plastic netting to deal with these working boats?