BCN Challenge

dove

Featured Posts

Not to let on where you are?

:P

Richard

Have you got some orange plastic netting to deal with these working boats?

You leave us working boat alone, we've got enough trouble with the bottom being too close to the top

Andrew

Edited by dove

Hope certain people had a peaceful night "Up the Crow" at Titford. We were sat behind Firefly as it's our home mooring. I was too shy to come and say hallo, also wasn't sure if I would have to perform some ritual dance or display to prove I'm on the forum. Good look to you all. Mrs Firefly- how long did the bunting last ?

Trina(The Bearwood Boster) :clapping:

You should have popped your head out, we don't bite at all, and love to meet forum members.

We backed to up more alongside Firefly to fill up with water, then found out the tap didn't work, all that careful reversing for nothing!!

Having a good day so far, and all our bunting is still in place at the moment. Lots opf tape needed :P

Sue, Team Tawny Owl.

ps do you always get woken at 6 on a Saturday morning by someone using a very LARGE hammer,then shovelling tons of gravel. Woke 5 of us, the other 3 didn't even hear it, must be very heavy sleepers.

Well, we were all up at 6 to go from Gas Street to our start point. Ugh. Didn't drop off until gone 2 because of all the noise. Should ha e bought earplugs!

Even with a 38" draught, we're not doing too badly. Dan came equiped with a tirfor which hopefully we won't need!

I would just like to reassure other competitors that we have left plenty of weed for you on the Bradley arm

Richard

Oh yes, just saw a water vole in Spring Vale

Edited by RLWP

Here is some of my holiday snaps

This is me in Berminam. Its a big bildin innit. There's lots of big bildins in Birminam

NobberinBrum.jpg

An this is wot I saw in that big tunnely fing. it was well scary in there but I wasn't fightened

scary.jpg

To all those on the BCN challenge, the willow tree which came down and almost blocked the Wyrley and Essington at New Cross Wednesfield has been removed by a CanalScape-BCN crew who went out from Broad St on hearing of this. Please pass this round as some may think the canal is blocked.

Team Odana thinks that a mile up the Bradley arm, down the weedhatch for the umpteenth time, is THE place to be at 1.20am on a Sunday!!

>>>>

An hour later, Team Odana weren't so sure. But even in the dark bits of it really are rather lovely, aren't they? Great basin. Good weed too. And that shirt was exceptionally well made - shame to have to cut it off the prop, really...

Edited by Odana

Don be silly fade to scarlet nobody reely gets missed off the beeer run only if they've been drinking that funny stuff.

i is a bit tired this morning

Good Morning from dull and dreary Chippenham where I am teaching concertina to the adoring masses. Well, two kids and a bloke with a beard, obviously. There is masses on weed on the Avon and I refuse to comment on the K & A. I hope you're all having fun and I wish I was with you all.

Good Morning from dull and dreary Chippenham where I am teaching concertina to the adoring masses. Well, two kids and a bloke with a beard, obviously. There is masses on weed on the Avon and I refuse to comment on the K & A. I hope you're all having fun and I wish I was with you all.

Cool man....... cool :cloud9:

Are you suggesting that our pink pachyderm is a young, tender piece of meat suitable for consumption in Doodlay?

Moit mak a seendwidge?

Tone

Oi meet a blowk feesheen. Oi ast eem eef ee'd cort owt.

"A whale!" ee told oi.

"A whale?" says oi. "Wot do um do weev eet?"

"Oi froo eet back in coot," he says.

"Woi?" I oosked.

"Cos eet don't feet may car!" ee says.

Tone

Team Odana is racing down the locks to the finish at a breathtaking hour per lock. Or something. We may yet live to regret that lengthy catch-up with old neighbours and cooked breakfast at Sneyd this morning when we were so far ahead...