Hospital Silencers

Featured Posts

Servais Silencers who make them did a made to measure one for us, much cheaper.

Servais Silencers who make them did a made to measure one for us, much cheaper.

Servais, Servais, so good he named them twice.

Tony

Hi,

Am thinking about fitting a hospital silencer to the engine.

Are they all standard and where could I get one from?

Thanks

Frank

A word of warning, make sure that the size of the hospital silencer / exhuast pipe size / back pressure it creates is correct for your engine, or you could be loosing power. I had this out with Beta, when we sourcing a hospital silencer for the Beta 75 to be fitted in barge Maurice A. In the end we wimped out and got it direct from them...(especially when we took into account the discount Beta were giving on a large order!)

A word of warning, make sure that the size of the hospital silencer / exhuast pipe size / back pressure it creates is correct for your engine, or you could be loosing power. I had this out with Beta, when we sourcing a hospital silencer for the Beta 75 to be fitted in barge Maurice A. In the end we wimped out and got it direct from them...(especially when we took into account the discount Beta were giving on a large order!)

Basically the bigger the better, less back pressure = more power.

Basically the bigger the better, less back pressure = more power.

Agreed. Have a Barrus 45. Got my HS from Barrus, with a good discount. Now can run the engine without bothering the neighbours. I know what management is saying, I understand her body language. :lol: