Record for a mooring auction?

Featured Posts

:o indeed...

Crazy,

why would "henny" jump £7k and then get beaten for the sake of another £5.

It also shows Jupiter that maybe the Auto bid £5 increment feature was not a wise idea this time... :wacko:

I have no doubt this will be re-auctioned shortly.

Edited to add, I wonder if Henny posts on here and will explain the experiment to us. :)

Edited by matty40s

The person who got it is doing no favour to those who need mooring costs to be affordable but I am sure he will be appreciated by BW.

Assuming that this is not a mistaken bid, the winner of the auction must think the mooring is worth that money. That is the true judgement of what a particular mooring is worth, what someone will pay for it. Wether it is affordable to all is not their problem.

• Greenie 1

Assuming that this is not a mistaken bid, the winner of the auction must think the mooring is worth that money. That is the true judgement of what a particular mooring is worth, what someone will pay for it. Wether it is affordable to all is not their problem.

Agreed but I do not agree with BW auctioning moorings to the highest bidder it will lead to more CMing, if that's the affectionate term for it. Ultimately boating will be the preserve of the rich.

Everything is the preserve of the rich, if they want it to be. The best defence against boating becoming unaffordable is for it to look a bit scruffy and not the sort of thing to which one "aspires". Some more Continuous Moorers should do the trick.

Well, according to the "all ended auctions" page https://www.bwmooringvacancies.com/search/search_vacancies.php?type=ended&pageID=3, Auction: 2018 - Stonebridge South, River Lee went for £16571 with 22 bids. If you click on the bid history though it looks like no-one bid on it, which I think means the bidders defaulted. Naughty naughty bidders!

Stonebridge is nice enough, but IMO you'd have to be certifiable to even think about paying that!

Edited by PiRSqwared

• 2 weeks later...