New Marina Site near Northwich

kienik

Featured Posts

Uplands Basin Marina is (still) run by Travelreign Ltd. The company was sold in circa 2008 to the Saners who also also run (or ran, I don't know the current details) Nantwich Canal Centre. The new site is being built by Park Farm Marina Ltd, which is owned by Noel Hawley and Dave Massey, who also originally owned Travelreign Ltd.

I've not see the flyer mentioned above. Is the rate quoted (which by my reckoning equates to 60p/ft/wk) an introductory offer? Not that I'm thinking of moving at the moment, I've not long renewed for another year at Uplands.

Uplands Basin Marina is (still) run by Travelreign Ltd. The company was sold in circa 2008 to the Saners who also also run (or ran, I don't know the current details) Nantwich Canal Centre. The new site is being built by Park Farm Marina Ltd, which is owned by Noel Hawley and Dave Massey, who also originally owned Travelreign Ltd.

I've not see the flyer mentioned above. Is the rate quoted (which by my reckoning equates to 60p/ft/wk) an introductory offer? Not that I'm thinking of moving at the moment, I've not long renewed for another year at Uplands.

Thanks for info, knew it was Dave but couldn't remember other guys name. Yes he did call it park farm marina, which is confusing since there is a park farm moorings in middlewich. Edited by sueanddaren

Travelreign still involved I believe,and the pontoons are similar to Uplands ie. very long and not very customer friendly (IMO)

I am a member of the Broken Cross boat Club and understand that they have recently begun introducing water to

the site. The bridge over the towpath is very nice!!

Yes it is nice and quiet around there. The only noise is from the A556 and that's sufficiently far that you probably can't hear it.

I've only ever accessed it from the towpath so I have no idea where the road comes in!

It is lovely around that area but that road is a sod during rush hour :(

• 3 weeks later...

Just been down to have a look at the set up. water now in and nearly ready for boats, the elec. points are yet to be fitted , although there are a couple of hook up points installed. All the surrounding areas , ie car parks etc are nowhere near finished so any one moving in soon would a have a very muddy trip. have to say though should look o.k when finished ., would think it will create a lot of competition around Northwich once up and running

There is a degree of confusion throughout this thread between two separate marina developments and in places links to planning applications refer to the development of the 'flash' moorings under the name of Park Farm Marina. That is incorrect.

As the later posts clarify, Park Farm Marina is the development on the tow path side of the canal. After long discussions with CRT on watering, the marina is now open for boaters. Early bird customers can moor from 60p (plus VAT) per foot per week. Please see http://www.parkfarm-marina.co.uk for more information.

There is a degree of confusion throughout this thread between two separate marina developments and in places links to planning applications refer to the development of the 'flash' moorings under the name of Park Farm Marina. That is incorrect.

As the later posts clarify, Park Farm Marina is the development on the tow path side of the canal. After long discussions with CRT on watering, the marina is now open for boaters. Early bird customers can moor from 60p (plus VAT) per foot per week. Please see http://www.parkfarm-marina.co.uk for more information.

Excellent.

Welcome to the forum.

Daniel

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

New website has just gone live today - address is the same http://parkfarm-marina.co.uk.

Someone said they had problems with the holding site but gave no details. If there are issues, please post the details and we will look into the issues.

@junior - we've added a link to you and 'borrowed' a picture of the boat - hope that's OK with you?

Edited by ParkFarmMarina