NON CC-ers re-visiting 14 day visitor moorings

Triton

Featured Posts

Hello all.

Having heard so much about cc-ers and over staying or being seen to be spending too much time in one area, how do we stand??

We have a marina mooring paid up for the coming year.

We are retired and have plenty of free time.

Our mooring is in the Braunston area.

We often take our boat out of our marina and spend a week on the Braunston 14 day visitor moorings. We are not CC-ers as we have a paid up marina mooring.

We have heard so much about bridge hoppers and boaters over staying on visitor moorings (or appearing to).

How do we stand legally with BW and are our continuous re-visits to the same visitor moorings allowed as we are not CC-ers?

Hard hat is now well and truly on!!

As far as I know (we also moor in a marina close to Braunston), the 14 day moorings there are not subject to a "No Return Within X Days" term. If you do not stay for more than 14 days, you are not overstaying.

But rather than spend so many weeks at Braunston, why not go a little further afield? There are good moorings at Hillmorton (about 3 hours from Braunston) and Napton (about 2 hours). Just fill the fridge, stock the drinks cellar and (at this time of the year) turn the heat on.

I have seen some of the Visitors moorings with the signs changed to say no more than 14 days PER YEAR.

Now that is going OTT!

It would be good to set this question to bed once and for all.

How about I email BW to get their definitive view and then find a legal eagle to voice an opinion?

Yeah, I know, a waste of time.Everybody at BW will have a slightly different slant on the problem, and every legal eagle will have a different opinion to another.

Ok, I give up.

Edited by jelunga

If you believe the local signage BW have erected, I, as a boater with a permanent home mooring close to the area, may only spend 14 days in total anywhere on moorings on the whole of Tring summit within a calendar year.

In practice it's irrelevant to us at the moment, but I would imagine that it is absolutely, totally, unenforcible.

I don't think that would necessarily guarantee that you were never ticketed if you did, though.

As there are plenty of "continuous cruisers" that it is usually impossible to find anywhere other than on Tring summit, I'd be pretty miffed if they started targeting me if they had established that I had spent at least 15 nights tied up there within a calendar year!

Hello Paul, we often visit Rugby, Hillmorton, Crick, Napton, Banbury etc, I should have mentioned this.

I was just interested in the legality of returnint to the same moorings (or being seen to) time and time again.

Good Bistro at Hillmorton complete with bar selling local micro beer.

Sue

It's true, I've sampled it

Richard

Whilst we are still completely :smiley_offtopic: I would recommend their herring smokies.

Why - thankyou nice people and not entirely off topic as we seem to have a growing gaggle of cruising folk mooring up for weeks at a time in the Hillmorton bottom pound, who nicely block access to the towpath for others in the queue for the one of the two single locks that is open, whilst the other has its lock gates repaired. This means a lot of "forward, reverse, left, right - oops the wind caught me" as they drift about waiting their turn. Good entertainment though.

I have seen some of the Visitors moorings with the signs changed to say no more than 14 days PER YEAR.

Now that is going OTT!

It would be good to set this question to bed once and for all.

How about I email BW to get their definitive view and then find a legal eagle to voice an opinion?

Yeah, I know, a waste of time.Everybody at BW will have a slightly different slant on the problem, and every legal eagle will have a different opinion to another.

Ok, I give up.

Woulld that cause problems for hire fleets.

Customer A, moors there one week and customer B, the next.

Here is a question regarding hire boats on the Llangollen, in the visitor moorings at Llangollen as far as I am aware you cannot return within 48 hrs sure someone will correct if I'm wrong.

Well lets say I moor in Llangollen on a hire boat on Thursday and Friday then return the boat to the Hire company Saturday.

What would happen if the person hiring that boat on the Saturday wanted to moor in Llangollen

Well its rubbish isn't it - when we had alot of freelance work on a couple of summers ago, we could only boat at weekends. So, every Friday night we'd set off at bout 4pm, moor in Cheshunt for the night, then Roydon, then turn round and come back to Cheshunt for Sunday night.

We did this all summer. Plenty of marina boaters do the same, I reckon. I think the signs must be there to warn off cc-ers overstaying, but of course they can't say that......