wet engine

alzy

Featured Posts

How deep was the water ?

Off the top of my head & non exhaustively :-

Don't crank the engine. If there is water in the cylinders, you'll bend a con-rod. If it's been that deep, it will need the heads off to clean everything out and probably a full strip.

For certain you'll need to empty the oil and fill with fresh and change the oil filters.

Could the water have got into the fuel tank ? If so, that will need emptying (the water will be at the bottom) and cleaning out. Then flush the fuel system and change the fuel filter.

Tell us more !

How deep was the water ?

Off the top of my head & non exhaustively :-

Don't crank the engine. If there is water in the cylinders, you'll bend a con-rod. If it's been that deep, it will need the heads off to clean everything out and probably a full strip.

For certain you'll need to empty the oil and fill with fresh and change the oil filters.

Could the water have got into the fuel tank ? If so, that will need emptying (the water will be at the bottom) and cleaning out. Then flush the fuel system and change the fuel filter.

Tell us more !

Thanks for the reply. The engine was totally submerged for twenty four hours but have managed to float it today.

It will work again.

Of the top of my head, and better knowledge of petrols than diesels.

- Drop the oil, refill with cheap, glow plug out, crank over to clear water, may need bleeding, once running allow to warm, then change oil again? Assuming no water i fuel.

Daniel