New Engine - cost fitted

Featured Posts

Are we including gearbox and sterngear too? I've no idea of the specifics of Beta engines, but I would imagine you won't get much change from 6 grand.

I would say probably a bit more than that - It depends on how much they do / what panel they fit and whether it includes the propshaft / prop, wiring to the selected panel and batteries etc ...

I think ours cost around £5500 about 18 months ago, in a box about a cubic metre, but as it was "all-in" the price of the boat, I don't know where the "cost boundaries" were...

Nick

Edited by Nickhlx

Our Isuzu 35 was 5300 incl VAT with PRM 120 in Oct '05. I looked because I had the offer of a cheaper engine but LB/NBC wouldn't entertain fitting a different block.

Fitting would be on top so 6k's not a bad estimate.

Thanks all

I reckon 7k will get me options I need

No stern gear I hope, depends on alignment, condition, spec and prop dimensions. As the current is designed around 40hp, if it lines up then I may get a result. Gearbox is included.

Latest list price for Beta 43 greenline with prm 150 is £6985 plus vat (£8207 inc vat) :o

Fitting would be extra.

£7000 sounds like a bargain :cheers:

Steve

Interesting, just as well I have 10k as my max, perhaps I will have to increase it!

I have slept on 10k (not literally!) and decided its just too much.

I am now inclined to purchase a core build 40hp lister 400 series canal star, for 2700 inc del and vat, I will need to cut over from the old engine the alternator (recently purchased), Starter Motor, Alternator(s),wiring loom,adaptor plate and gearbox, engine mounting bearers and anti vibration mounts,air filter assembly etc. Whilst these elements are capble of failing, the primary objective is achieved.

As usual, any thoughts welcome. Your opinions help us newbies more than you may realise.

Edited by NB Up Sticks

I am now inclined to purchase a core build 40hp lister 400 series canal star, for 2700 inc del and vat, I will need to cut over from the old engine the alternator (recently purchased), Starter Motor, Alternator(s),wiring loom,adaptor plate and gearbox, engine mounting bearers and anti vibration mounts,air filter assembly etc. Whilst these elements are capble of failing, the primary objective is achieved.

As usual, any thoughts welcome. Your opinions help us newbies more than you may realise.

It will be worth PMing or contacting Baldock re a lister. He's the expert on those.

Thank you, this is the product of Chris (aka Baldock) in relation to his advice. Clearly knowledgeable and a very nice guy

As you are saving a load by not buying the Beta, I'd invest some of that in a new set of anti-vibration mounts. They do seem to wear out

Richard

We've had a 40hp LP Alpha for 5 years now and though it's a bit noisier than a Beta/Kubota it's been a gem, doddle to service. If funds permit it's worth considering fitting a Python or Aquadrive flexible coupling, makes a vast difference to smooth running and once properly adjusted almost ends the need to attend to the stern gland.

We've had a 40hp LP Alpha for 5 years now and though it's a bit noisier than a Beta/Kubota it's been a gem, doddle to service. If funds permit it's worth considering fitting a Python or Aquadrive flexible coupling, makes a vast difference to smooth running and once properly adjusted almost ends the need to attend to the stern gland.

Noted, would a hospital silencer help reduce noise?

• 3 weeks later...

All,

Thanks for your help. I thought I would advise you of the decision made, a Canaline 42. The spec is here http://www.enginesplus.co.uk/docs/Canaline%20Brochure.pdf

Build will be reported on my blog as and when www.canalblog23.blogspot.com

Cheers

NB Lola (was up sticks but the family rejected it in favour of lola!

• 4 weeks later...