Winter Moorings Website

Tim Doran

Featured Posts

It looks as though they are having trouble with the wintermoorings. 3pm launch delayed until 4.30pm.

The old system of phoning the local office seemed to work quite well. I shall await 4.30 eagerly.

And I quote...

BWMooringVacancies.com

We're updating

We are currently in the process of adding Winter Moorings to the system.

We anticipate this to take less then two hours. The work commenced at 15:00 (3pm). So, please check back around 16:30 (4:30pm) for an updated version of the site.

British Waterways apologises for any inconvenience caused during this process.

How hard can it be to copy some HTML files around, surely they had the thing prepared offline and could have just "turned it on"....sheesh.

Surely they had it running on a test system? Is it so hard to migrate it across to the production system?

I liked phoning the woman last year, she was very helpful and reminded me about how crappy the moorings at Avoncliff are.

Tim

Surely they had it running on a test system? Is it so hard to migrate it across to the production system?

I liked phoning the woman last year, she was very helpful and reminded me about how crappy the moorings at Avoncliff are.

Tim

My experience was less good. She couldn't tell me if or where any of the vacancies were.

Having broad quay in bath as a winter mooring seems suicidal considering the flooding that can happen.

https://www.bwmooringvacancies.com/search/winter-mooring.php?id=459

And making this winter moorings is insane considering this is the one and only busy mooring in bath:

https://www.bwmooringvacancies.com/search/winter-mooring.php?id=458

They're idiots imo

• Greenie 1

Well you could moor a very deep boat here

Top Lock Bath : Kennet & Avon Canal

Availability and Pricing

Metres Available: 86.00

Price per Metre: £12.04

Berth Width: 2.20 metres (7.22 ft)

Berth Average Depth: 8.00 metres (26.25 ft)

I am sure it is not that deep there, is it?

And making this winter moorings is insane considering this is the one and only busy mooring in bath:

https://www.bwmooringvacancies.com/search/winter-mooring.php?id=458

They're idiots imo

An absolute snip for that mooring - the pricing makes no sense.

I cant see where to place your booking anywhere - presume that's not live yet unless i'm missing something?

Well you could moor a very deep boat here

Top Lock Bath : Kennet & Avon Canal

Availability and Pricing

Metres Available: 86.00

Price per Metre: £12.04

Berth Width: 2.20 metres (7.22 ft)

Berth Average Depth: 8.00 metres (26.25 ft)

I am sure it is not that deep there, is it?

no way :D 4ft maybe.

It's a great spot though, and near a tap, diesel, pumpout etc etc.

The most annoying thing will be if that mooring is all taken up by winter moorers there will be nowhere to stop for the night before going down the locks (or after coming up them)

The most annoying thing will be if that mooring is all taken up by winter moorers there will be nowhere to stop for the night before going down the locks (or after coming up them)

Maybe you should make an official complaint about it?

The next mooring available to you would be Darlington Warf, which also is set for winter moorings

According to the FAQs you can if there are any left. All start on 1st of the month so if one is still available you can buy on 31st Dec for an agreement that will run from 1st Jan until 31st March. You have to take any mooring until 31st March.

Val

Can you not buy them for 3 months now? I want dec-feb.

Nope I phoned, Sioban Collins on 01923 201451 who answered some queries I had. They will not allow you to choose Dec-March. You will have to wait until the end of Nov, and hope there is still some mooring available. Last year the moorings had all sold at Dundas, but there seemed to be only 2 other boats on it.

They are dirt cheap where we are. Bardney Lock mooring, which is a nice spot with electric, shower, toilet and water, £7.96 per metre per month. That makes it £345 for six months for our boat. Dirt cheap

I could cope with that. But I also only want Dec-Feb. Angry face at BW

The locks are closed from 1 Novemeber I think

I can see why people don't take winter moorings. Where I am interested would cost £216 a month that would be £2600 per year and I can't book it as I only want 3 months from Jan - end March if I wait till Jan and there is nothing is available then I guess I just find somewhere and leave the boat as the canal will be closed and then pay nothing.

I can see why people don't take winter moorings. Where I am interested would cost £216 a month that would be £2600 per year and I can't book it as I only want 3 months from Jan - end March if I wait till Jan and there is nothing is available then I guess I just find somewhere and leave the boat as the canal will be closed and then pay nothing.

The planned work finishes in mid Dec. Is ther other work planned in January

Tim

The planned work finishes in mid Dec. Is ther other work planned in January

Tim

Yes Caen Hill.

You would have thought that there would be a way of looking for winter moorings by canal for people like me who don't know the canal in my case the K&A I have tried a few town names and the only ones I can find before Caen Hill is Bath.

Yes Caen Hill.

You would have thought that there would be a way of looking for winter moorings by canal for people like me who don't know the canal in my case the K&A I have tried a few town names and the only ones I can find before Caen Hill is Bath.

Have a look at seend