Last Minute Check, What have I forgotten?

headjog

Featured Posts

:help:

What you need is a small butty to keep all the stuff you need in. :lol: have a good trip

What I need is a brain transplant! I volunteered to bring their dad's boat back AND their dad with it! :captain:

Thanks MJG, My education continues apace. I kinda hoped that all these items had been left aboard- & only the personal effects had been removed- fingers crossed- Will ask though!

---------------and don't forget to include some good luck!!! :rolleyes:

By the way, were does your journey begin and end?

Starting from Church Minshull, via Audlem,Autherley, Gailey,to Lichfield, Streethay Warf possibly. I think the mooring fees are slightly cheaper. Depends on weather - how cold/wet I get, unforseen problems-pushing argumentative crew into cut,technical hitches-must take RAC card!Will pack my lucky socks TA,

A camera so you can show us all how much fun you had.

Richard

Which I shall hold in my teeth, along with the lucky sock, mooring pins/hooks,fisrt aid kit.................. :lol:

Thanks MJG, My education continues apace. I kinda hoped that all these items had been left aboard- & only the personal effects had been removed- fingers crossed- Will ask though!

That's fair enough - the boat we bought used (I'm guessing yours is) came ready to cruise with everything needed including all deck gear, crockery, pots, pans, cutlery...etc etc...

or so we thought until we needed to take on water... no water hose.

So you can kinda hope and expect all the kit you need to be aboard, you do however need to check.....

That's fair enough - the boat we bought used (I'm guessing yours is) came ready to cruise with everything needed including all deck gear, crockery, pots, pans, cutlery...etc etc...

or so we thought until we needed to take on water... no water hose.

So you can kinda hope and expect all the kit you need to be aboard, you do however need to check.....

Cheers MJG, Dave's original plan was to sell Copper Jewel, & buy a sailaway, hence the removal of items which could be of use on new craft. I thought he might have left various items one may consider part of boat,(windlass, mooring pins, water-hatch T key etc.)But I will ask the boat yard to check for these & anything else that comes up. H

A hammer was mentioned in the "tool kit" but I dont think anyone has mentioned a lump hammer for bashing in the mooring pins.

Good luck

Steve

You may note the time of this post Steve.This is because I couldn't sleep. I was running over my check list AGAIN, & suddenly had same thought! We must be Karmic Twins- had to come down & add it to list (also to have small whisky & hot water.Well it was either that or find Mallet now & self medicate with that instead. Cheers though will probably have forgotten it again by later today.

I'm bringing my deceased ex-husband home on his own boat, with assorted nutters/daughters (they're fairly interchangable)as crew,& I'm wondering where I can find him a captain's hat to fit for the trip- do I qualify?

Be aware. We have a Captains Hat on Tawny Owl that some friends left behind years ago. It is now given to people to wear as a punishment.

Richard

Make sure you take with you the useful telephone numbers that you have, just in case. E.g. either River Canal Rescue or a local engineer (in case you need helpf with any engine issues), other boaters who might help out if you need anything etc. BW also have a 24hour emergency number 0800 47 999 47 for canal/boat related things.

Sure you won't need them but it's better to have them ready to hand (in your mobile) than having to get online to search for things when you need them :)

Hope you all have a safe and relaxing trip, even though it's bound to be emotional,

Lucy xx

PS I'll second Phylis?

Be aware. We have a Captains Hat on Tawny Owl that some friends left behind years ago. It is now given to people to wear as a punishment.

Richard

Quite right too! The daft sod abandoned his own boat - without permission!

Ahem, you have forgotten the beer :o

Have three tins of John Smith's he left in the pantry.I found his home brew barrels, but empty, so that's it-sorry.

DEKAZER; Have made a note of number. will see if I can find mobile engineers-just in case!

PS. Still have NO idea if I can use laptop anywhere along the cut without getting a gadget of some sort. Would have kept you posted if it were possible!

Edited by headjog

PS. Still have NO idea if I can use laptop anywhere along the cut without getting a gadget of some sort. Would have kept you posted if it were possible!

I'm definitely not the most techy person here, but I think this is right.. Your laptop should work, assuming you generate enough power to keep it charged up. However, to access the interwebs you'll need some sort of connection. Many boaters use mobile broadband 'dongles' which you can get from mobile phone providers (e.g. Orange, three etc). I think they're usually no contract, but others may know if you can get pay-as-you-go versions.

I think there are alternatives, such as using an infra-red connection to a phone, or using a phone with internet connection (e.g. an iPhone, HTC and other Smart Phones).

We'll all look forward to hearing about it and seeing your photos when you get home :)

You've still got no beer!

SORRY- like I said the barrels were dry!

Yet, even so, she still has more beer than if she had three cans of Carlsberg

Richard

Thanks you lot, have had more laughs in the last 24 hours,than in last 24 weeks. Dave would have enjoyed it too!

I'm definitely not the most techy person here, but I think this is right.. Your laptop should work, assuming you generate enough power to keep it charged up. However, to access the interwebs you'll need some sort of connection. Many boaters use mobile broadband 'dongles' which you can get from mobile phone providers (e.g. Orange, three etc). I think they're usually no contract, but others may know if you can get pay-as-you-go versions.

I think there are alternatives, such as using an infra-red connection to a phone, or using a phone with internet connection (e.g. an iPhone, HTC and other Smart Phones).

We'll all look forward to hearing about it and seeing your photos when you get home :)

Cheers kiddo, will investigate possibility tomorrow! H

Edited by headjog

Have matches, food, tea etc.Cork screw-check!!

Toilet paper-already mentioned (DOUBLE),waterproof clothing,thick socks for bed-time (Will wear same woolly hat if really bad or can't get heating on!)

Wouldn't know where to put engine oil, antifreeze(found both in aforementioned garage, should I collect them on the day anyway?) or spare fuses.

My installation of water pumps is a bit rusty. Could put up new plaster coving, run up a new pair of curtains, create an art work out of drift wood if that helps.

Just put the fly spray in- thanks!

H

Good one! Forgot that as well-thanks H

If you are good with sewing etc, could you knit me some new swimming trunks? The ones my mum made for me in 1959 do not fit any moreB)

If you are good with sewing etc, could you knit me some new swimming trunks? The ones my mum made for me in 1959 do not fit any moreB)

Sorry chuck, gave away the knitting needles after it took four years to knit a jacket.Anyway,never found out how to knit round corners.The only thing I knit these days is my brow. Have you thought about buying a woolly hat & cutting two leg holes in it? I've got one with a bobble on it-it could be a real confidence booster! H

• Greenie 3

Sorry chuck, gave away the knitting needles after it took four years to knit a jacket.Anyway,never found out how to knit round corners.The only thing I knit these days is my brow. Have you thought about buying a woolly hat & cutting two leg holes in it? I've got one with a bobble on it-it could be a real confidence booster! H

Ace answer Headjog 10/10. :cheers:

:D:D:D:D , i like that one, very good