Sofa's

real_vibes

Featured Posts

I am finding it very hard to source a good sofa that's a) going to fit through the door B) isn't half the width of the boat in depth

Has any one any recommendations? Nabrus are great but too deep.

That smiley guy is meant to be a b )

We had this problem too. In the end we bought a Le Courbusier sofa . It was about the only one I could find which I could get through the butty doorway.

On the motor we've got a 1920s Ercol Bergere sofa. Very small - just right for a NB. It was £25 when we bought it second hand 30 years ago. I saw a similar one recently in an antique shop in Berko for really silly money.

Have a look at IKEA

I'm considering this sofabed. It's a sensible size, and as it will only be for occasional use for us the price is sensible too.

We wanted a 3 seater so as a bed it's along the boat not across it, but they do have 2 seaters and even chair beds as well.

They probably do suitable sized sofas, I haven't needed to look.

We are IKEA fans, and have found they do lots of stuff that with a bit of adjustment will fit a boat well.

Sue

Have a look at IKEA...

I second that. Unless you've got money to burn to afford bespoke, that's about the only place I've seen sofas that aren't excessively deep. (I've an Ektorp in mind, at 88cm deep it's going to obtrude more than your specified 70cm, but you won't find many narrower. Mind you, by the time I get around to being able to put it in, they'll be discontinued...)

Having the same problem - except that I'd like an everyday use sofa bed or futon.

If anybody can recommned one of these then that would be great!

We got two single futons which together make a very comfortable sofa, or laid-out and stacked on top of each other make a very comfortable single bed or, side by side, a comfortable double bed.It's our guest bed not our main bed.

They're 6' 3" long, so - as beds - can only go lengthways, if you've got the space. Though I suspect it's possible to shorten the frames a little to make them fit crossways.

We're very happy with it.

Bought them from here:

http://www.futons4u.co.uk/2010/mito_26.htm

Here's a (not very good) picture of them in our boat

Futon.jpg

Edited by Québec

About a year ago we got a sofa bed from INTOSOFA, check out their website,I think they are .com they specificaly make sofas and chairs to fit into boats.

They come in bits and our sofa bed only took about an hour to put together. Really good quality and great prices, they will even send a colour swatch of materials if you ask.

Phil

About a year ago we got a sofa bed from INTOSOFA, check out their website,I think they are .com they specificaly make sofas and chairs to fit into boats.

They come in bits and our sofa bed only took about an hour to put together. Really good quality and great prices, they will even send a colour swatch of materials if you ask.

Phil

recently bought a 3 piece suite from this company, was well impressed £600, very good quality IMO

Head to the local university/college and find the furniture/product design dept. Plenty of bods willing to help out due to needing projects and the novelty/challenges of boat dimensions brings a bonus. I had a prototype L-shaped sofa bed combo 1/2 dinette (figure that out without a diagram) made last summer; it cost me £200 and it will last for years. I'm having another version made (with refinements) next year. It's fun designing bespoke stuff and getting other people to make it cheaply!