Is there such a thing as canal world dating

hubble1974

Featured Posts

Despite my previous long term relationships comprising of a serial adulteress and a business woman who managed to fleece me of every single one of my possessions, apart from my boat (which she had forgotten I owned), I am extremely grateful to both of them for being instrumental in my arriving at the point I am, in my life, now.

Carl. What a brilliant thing to say. Couldn't agree more. After a long and loveless marriage I wouldnt change the world I now have which; also includes a meaningful friendship with the ex and a superb pair of (now adult) kids. Like others I ballsed up certain areas of my life but see it as part of my development too. Peace!

Hi

i am probably going to open a hornets nest here but wanted to find out if the canal community as a whole has a recognised place to try online dating. I am a averagely good looking 36 yr old single guy and as of next spring planning to start tackling the network and wanted to know if there is such a thing as a canal based online dating site or similar. I just figure anyone with similar interests is always a good thing and dont know where to look. Any suggestions and if not have i just given away the business idea of the century

Ta

Dan

I pulled a muscle in the Unstable Bar...

Despite my previous long term relationships comprising of a serial adulteress and a business woman who managed to fleece me of every single one of my possessions, apart from my boat (which she had forgotten I owned), I am extremely grateful to both of them for being instrumental in my arriving at the point I am, in my life, now.

Is there no end to your tales of earlier demise. I'm convinced that you've been a demon in a previous life, if not in this one :P

Is there no end to your tales of earlier demise.

Demise?

If I were superstitious I'd say my life has been blessed with good fortune, fantastic experiences, much travel and a, relatively, unfried brain.

As I'm not superstious I'd say I made some wise (some would say foolish) choices and ended up with exactly what I deserved.

Edited by carlt

After a mutual decision to seperate I was convinced that I could manage to sail solo on Hakuna forever however on my last trip solo around the four counties I am having to rethink my strategy. I'm not desperate on crew yet but my initial thoughts are female with a pulse any improvement on these requirements would be a bonus!

PS I used to argue with filis and then I found out her name is Racheal, I don't argue with her anymore cos I lurve her name!

After a mutual decision to seperate I was convinced that I could manage to sail solo on Hakuna forever however on my last trip solo around the four counties I am having to rethink my strategy. I'm not desperate on crew yet but my initial thoughts are female with a pulse any improvement on these requirements would be a bonus!

PS I used to argue with filis and then I found out her name is Racheal, I don't argue with her anymore cos I lurve her name!

She is already spoken for!

It isnt though, its Rachael :P

I sympathise, MP - my first wife left after 3 months and I guess I went through the approved range of emotions including despair, anger, bewilderment and perm any five from ten. The only plus point at the time was that my late mother, who was always rattling on about what awful people divorcees were, fell suddenly silent.

In the longer term, a further plus point is that Mrs. Athy and I have now been married 23 years. I never even think of her as the "second" Mrs. A, just as the only real one.

I like that - Nice.

It was our wedding aniversary either on the 17th or the 19th, depending on whether we take the Civil Ceremony or the Church quasi wedding as the real one. Judi is my second attempt. And the sentance above seems totally applicable for me as well, except change the name, and the length of time

K

Demise?

If I were superstitious I'd say my life has been blessed with good fortune, fantastic experiences, much travel and a, relatively, unfried brain.

As I'm not superstious I'd say I made some wise (some would say foolish) choices and ended up with exactly what I deserved.

Apologies if the term was unfoundered. In truth, it sounds as though you've had a colourful life to date and more importantly, been able to weather a few storms along the way :)

I am a averagely good looking 36 yr old single guy and as of next spring planning to start tackling the network and wanted to know if there is such a thing as a canal based online dating site or similar. I just figure anyone with similar interests is always a good thing and don't know where to look.

Bablefish Translation:

I am bald with a beard and play the accordion, I need someone to do the locks, cook, clean and empty the cassette. In return I offer to steer your boat. :rolleyes:

Did the local yobs still change the signs with the Town's name on by adding a leading F then as well?

I don't know about the road signs but every map of Sussex stuck on the fly leaf of our school atlases certainly had been 'amended'.

Did the local yobs still change the signs with the Town's name on by adding a leading F then as well?

No, the signs were made with no space whatsoever at the beginning - as was the sign at the town bridge proclaiming "River Uck", which was done as a double-decker so that there was no space before the "U".

My favourite anagram of the town name used to be Ducklife, appropriate as there was plenty of it on the river.

No, the signs were made with no space whatsoever at the beginning - as was the sign at the town bridge proclaiming "River Uck", which was done as a double-decker so that there was no space before the "U".

My favourite anagram of the town name used to be Ducklife, appropriate as there was plenty of it on the river.

No such shenanigans with word spacing is possible to save the signs on Dogpool Lane in Stirchley. Quick application of white-out and, oh, how everyone laughs.

Although my favourite bit of irreverent naughtiness was on a nearby abandonned pub which was fenced off with the usual plywood sheeting. On which were the warnings "Fly Posters will be Prosecuted". Some local wag had slapped on a big picture of a fly.