Is there such a thing as canal world dating

hubble1974

Featured Posts

For my part I think having an interest in steam engines, Alfa Romeos, narrowboats, real ales and stoner rock music doesn't really leave much common ground with the average girl. But then I suppose I'm not looking for an average girl, that would be setting ones sights rather low, perhaps? I dunno.

My interests include steam engines, classic and performance cars, narrowboats, real ales, rock music and motorcycles and found plenty of common ground with someone I met at a banter.

..... but then I guess Rose is not an average girl

.....hands off she is already mine! :wub:

My interests include steam engines, classic and performance cars, narrowboats, real ales, rock music and motorcycles and found plenty of common ground with someone I met at a banter.

< spoken in her very best Lorraine Chase accent >

Oi! who you calling common? :angry:

Spoil sport for making it too easy for 'em!

It was only 'cos they're a bit slow on the uptake sometimes, poor dears!

I've just been speaking to Ellen and mentioned the notion of a Canalworld dating agency. There was a stunned silence and then she started laughing. Not sure why .....

Hope for me yet, then!

I'm in the market myself, and idealy seeking a rich widow with an historic pair of Grand Union's.

Well, I've never heard them called Grand Union's before, but the internet is full of pictures like that.

What are your tastes, Neil ?

Do you prefer big Woolwichs or small Woolwiches

Sorry, can't help. I need nourishment not punishment... ;)

Wh'arusayin? That the thought of Phylis in her hobnailed boots isn't faintly interesting to you Alan Neil? (must be very tired after a day with year 10 (who are definately not impressed with me, I can tell you)

Personally, I reckon that the OP is looking for the impossible on here. On the while I reckon we do opinionated and, at a stretch, interesting but exciting?

Edited by wrigglefingers

Wh'arusayin? That the thought of Phylis in her hobnailed boots isn't faintly interesting to you Alan Neil? (must be very tired after a day with year 10 (who are definately not impressed with me, I can tell you)

Phew!

Thank God for the correction, Jill!

Had me worried there for a bit.

I'll take on a challenge (sometimes!), but not that kind of challenge!

Phew!

Thank God for the correction, Jill!

Had me worried there for a bit.

I'll take on a challenge (sometimes!), but not that kind of challenge!

Yup apologies for that, can see where you're coming from there (or maybe not :blink:)

Anyway we're still waiting for a response from Neil here, after the comment about the wide beam think I'm in the clear, not sure about Phylis though.

Anyway I have another year I mean day with year 10 so off to bed.

Just saw this on the bbc...

Stay Free

Very true, although I cheated second time round by marrying one of the close friends, mind I did lose another, Val's ex husband, although I'm not sure how long I could have managed the balancing act of being friends with both of them

Drifting off topic, can anyone shed any light on the mindset of Val's ex's new woman. Val was married to Kevin, and another woman did everything in her power to turn Kevin's head (despite being married herself), they had an affair, got caught, and decided to leave their spouses to be with each other.

Sometime later I started dating Val, while Kevin was initially shocked he very quickly not only accepted this but gave it his blessing and wished us every happiness (He sent a card for our wedding). He had set Val free and also admitted it made his guilt easier to bear that his ex had found happiness again. His new woman however hit the roof, and declared this an act of treachery of the highest order, not only that, but went around telling all mutual friends this (which cost Kevin a lot of friends). What was her problem? She'd tried to steal someones husband, succeeded, got what she wanted and still wouldn't let go. Very Strange

Very true, although I cheated second time round by marrying one of the close friends, mind I did lose another, Val's ex husband, although I'm not sure how long I could have managed the balancing act of being friends with both of them

Drifting off topic, can anyone shed any light on the mindset of Val's ex's new woman. Val was married to Kevin, and another woman did everything in her power to turn Kevin's head (despite being married herself), they had an affair, got caught, and decided to leave their spouses to be with each other.

Sometime later I started dating Val, while Kevin was initially shocked he very quickly not only accepted this but gave it his blessing and wished us every happiness (He sent a card for our wedding). He had set Val free and also admitted it made his guilt easier to bear that his ex had found happiness again. His new woman however hit the roof, and declared this an act of treachery of the highest order, not only that, but went around telling all mutual friends this (which cost Kevin a lot of friends). What was her problem? She'd tried to steal someones husband, succeeded, got what she wanted and still wouldn't let go. Very Strange

Game player! If you look at her history you may find she's done similar before - and don't be surprised if she does similar in the future

Ahh yes,mmmm, whisper it,ALL WOMEN ARE MAD.Can't live with them can't live without them.