Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Djuwenda

Atheist Boaters fellowship

Featured Posts

I have started noticing more and more people displaying stickers on their boats kindly informing of me of their religious beliefs.

But is there an equivalent to the CBF sticker for the atheist boater?

I have started noticing more and more people displaying stickers on their boats kindly informing of me of their religious beliefs.

It looks like the answer is "no".

:D

Yes its a bit sad isnt it, why do people put stickers with reference to their hobby on their boat/car etc ? Do they have an inferiority complex ? Ahh well so long as they dont preach their balony to me I suppose it does no harm,,,,,,,,

Edited by mrsmelly

dont know, at first I thought the sticker was something to do with having hair sprouting out of your nose and ears!

but it turns out the CBF has no specific relationship with bizarre pilosity.

Yes its a bit sad isnt it, why do people put stickers with reference to their hobby on their boat/car etc ? Do they have an inferiority complex ? Ahh well so long as they dont preach their balony to me I suppose it does no harm,,,,,,,,

It's not sad, it's just human nature. Being social animals we like the idea of "belonging". Hence stickers, badges, t-shirts and all that cal. Is someone wearing a band T-shirt evangelising the qualities of that band? I've always sported an RNLI sticker in the back of my car. Why is that? I can think of many reasons only one of which reflects well on my personality (and I had to think for a bit to come up with that one). But does that mean I'm sad and have an inferiority complex, too?

But does that mean I'm sad and have an inferiority complex, too?

No it just means you support a very worthy cause (which IMHO the RNLI is in fact very much so) and you don't mind people knowing it.

Now wrong with that in my book...

No it just means you support a very worthy cause (which IMHO the RNLI is in fact very much so) and you don't mind people knowing it.

Our boat has a Think Bike sticker on it. As does my car. It makes me smile :)

I've got a "My other car is a lifeboat" sticker, in my car.

I think the market is quite limited, though, for such a sticker, but someone thought it worth producing some.

I've thought carefully about it, and I don't believe that there is such a sticker.

Of course, if you could prove beyond ALL of my doubt that such a sticker existed, then I would believe in it. But I can't have faith in the existence of such a sticker, unless you can provide proof.

• Greenie 1

Yes its a bit sad isnt it, why do people put stickers with reference to their hobby on their boat/car etc ? Do they have an inferiority complex ?

I've got an MV Agusta Owners Club sticker on my car. More of a superiority complex, that one.

dont know, at first I thought the sticker was something to do with having hair sprouting out of your nose and ears!

but it turns out the CBF has no specific relationship with bizarre pilosity.

I don't have any stickers.....did once have pilosity tho', had to sit on a rubber ring...

It's not sad, it's just human nature. Being social animals we like the idea of "belonging". Hence stickers, badges, t-shirts and all that cal. Is someone wearing a band T-shirt evangelising the qualities of that band? I've always sported an RNLI sticker in the back of my car. Why is that? I can think of many reasons only one of which reflects well on my personality (and I had to think for a bit to come up with that one). But does that mean I'm sad and have an inferiority complex, too?

Ahh The difference is your RNLI sticker shows you support a worthy cause, as for the BCF sticker it means they are MEMBERS of said club, there is a difference, still no matter whatever floats ya boat..... ;)

• Greenie 1

Ahh The difference is your RNLI sticker shows you support a worthy cause, as for the BCF sticker it means they are MEMBERS of said club, there is a difference, still no matter whatever floats ya boat.....

Yes, but why do I feel the need to let everybody know I support said cause? Isn't it enough that I do? Isn't that me being a bit self righteous and self-congratulatory? And I am a member, too, there's more parallels than are comfortable.

I have a Tee shirt proudly displaying the slogan . . . . .

I don't belong to any clubs

though - if I saw another one I'd have to throw it away

After a recent drive down to Dover I decided to make some T-shirts. They all say "I keep left on the M25". I've made 5. Is that too many?

Ahh The difference is your RNLI sticker shows you support a worthy cause, as for the BCF sticker it means they are MEMBERS of said club, there is a difference, still no matter whatever floats ya boat..... ;)

I find that the RNLI are more helpful when your boat doesn't want to float anymore ;)

• Greenie 1

I am not sure about sad, but why do people see the need to show charities etc that they support, I am happy to give money into charity box but feel no need to wear a badge to show everyone what a great guy I am because I put money into a box. When I give money to a homeless person on the street I see no need for them to give me some sort of badge of honour.

As for the CBF sticker think it is a great way to ensure no one moors to close......

I have a Tee shirt proudly displaying the slogan . . . . .

I don't belong to any clubs

though - if I saw another one I'd have to throw it away

the best Tee shirt slogan has to be " DILLIGAF? "

I find that the RNLI are more helpful when your boat doesn't want to float anymore ;)

No one ever gets in touch when they're doing ok, do they? They must have a very jaundiced view of nautical pursuits and wonder why anyone puts to sea at all.

I am not sure about sad, but why do people see the need to show charities etc that they support, I am happy to give money into charity box but feel no need to wear a badge to show everyone what a great guy I am because I put money into a box. When I give money to a homeless person on the street I see no need for them to give me some sort of badge of honour.

As for the CBF sticker think it is a great way to ensure no one moors to close......

The charities see it as a way of raising awareness. In general, it doesn't matter whather you put 10p or £10 in the tin, you still get a sticker.

the best Tee shirt slogan has to be " DILLIGAF? "

I have several T shirts with the slogan: "This is my last clean T shirt".

I wear them one day after the other, when on holiday, and it is interesting to see how long it takes for people to start avoiding you.

On the other hand it may be a way of ensuring a genuine CBF member moors alongside and engages you in deep conversation all evening! Ouch!!!!!!

George ex nb Alton retired

Quite so. Polishing my boots will suffice...

Never mind the atheists. What about the agnostics? I find the bold denial of the existence of god as much a leap of faith, as the belief that there is a 'big man in the sky'... You can't prove it either way.

And FAB has a certain ring to it, I think. Fellowship of Agnostic Boaters....

;)

• Greenie 1

Sign in to follow this