Only One Question

Pirate

Featured Posts

Carlt[/b], Do you like anybody? You´r still the best arguer on here I bet? Yes I have a unique approach that gets results, and are now tried and tested.

Did you ever clear your mess up around your boat by the way.

Yes I do and I've made many friends, through this forum.

I hope I hold my own, in arguments.

As you point out, I lost my boat and home to a different breed of criminal and yes, the resultant mess has long gone.

I didn't bleat and whine like a prat, about it, either, which is probably why I got many

offers of help and only two complainers.

Yes I do and I've made many friends, through this forum.

I hope I hold my own, in arguments.

As you point out, I lost my boat and home to a different breed of criminal and yes, the resultant mess has long gone.

I didn't bleat and whine like a prat, about it, either, which is probably why I got many

offers of help and only two complainers.

Oh you do,

All the best mate, I will miss, in a small way, our little run ins :lol:

Edited by Pirate

Well i've no idea who Pirate is but I do feel sorry for anyone who has lost their boat, especially if they've ended up in Europe as well.

Casp'

Nearly Missed this post, sorry Casper.

Well Hi there I´m Pirate, nice to meet you :lol: Now you know me :lol:

Who lost their boat, am I missing something here? please fill me in.

Europe is vast, beautiful, and the canal networks are far superior to the Uk which IMO is back in decline, why don´t you check them out?

Mind you, we can´t claim benefits :lol:

Edited by Pirate

Why does this remind me of a Harry Enfield sketch .... I'm considerably ..........

Just as sad really.

Don´t punish yourself mate :lol:

Well, yeah. If you wouldn't qualify here you wouldn't qualify there. I stupidly assumed you felt you were actually in need of them. My bad.

Awww your not bad, just trying to be helpfull, I like this side of you :lol:

It was my silly fault, not making it clear that I was actually thinking that Casper prefered the Uk because they had benefits there, sorry for the confusion, it confused me at first too.

Edited by Pirate

Oh heck. This thread has given me a headache. Maybe the reason I have found people here helpful but sometimes bolshy is because I did not have a lot of money to spend or lose. But I cannot say that I have ever felt that I have been given bad advice deliberately, or at all really. Maybe a lot goes over my head... I have a massively busy life, but I do read most of what goes on here even if I do not always comment. But the OP smacks of someone scorned in one way or another. I am off to lie in a darkened room (not really I am off to cook my dinner)

I am sorry you have had troubles Pirate, I don't know you but I know you must have been through it by the tone of your post. But you do seem to be generalising a bit, lots of people here are good and genuine folk. Anyway, I hope it goes better for you.

Quick edit because I sent by mistake while pushing the dog off my lap

Edited by Water Woman

For those who probably have no idea of the background to this......

Pirate was for some time a serious contributor to this forum, known to many who have been around a lot longer than a lot of those posting here.

He followed the pattern of many others - someone for which having their own new narrow boat was a big ambition, and which they had thrown large amounts of savings into.

Unfortunately for Pirate the dream turned bad - I'll pass no more comment on his individual case than that.

Not a troll, in my view, although what he hopes to achieve from his latest posts is unclear to me, and I'm not sure he is doing himself any favours - particularly in terms of the reactions he is getting.

I'm in no doubt from other stories about them, that the "boatbuilder" he chose has built some fairly poor boats, although the story has always been complicated by the fact that others have at times claimed to have had a reasonable boat from them.

I'm saddened whenever I hear stories of the big canal boat dream that turned sour on somebody, and it's sad to see Pirate's name on the list of those to whom this applies.

Nobody would want to find themselves in the position he ened up in, I feel sure.

Very well put Alan. I think you have summed things up in a fair and balanced way. Nice to see a calm reasoned assessment. I don't mind a bit of banter, but this thread was becoming personal and vindictive.

Don´t punish yourself mate :lol:

[/color]

Awww your not bad, just trying to be helpfull, I like this side of you :lol:

It was my silly fault, not making it clear that I was actually thinking that Casper prefered the Uk because they had benefits there, sorry for the confusion, it confused me at first too.

Oh, right. Let me get this straight. It was an attempt to mock someone you've never met before by insinuating that they might be claiming benefits?

Nope, sorry. You've lost me. Makes even less sense now.

Oh, right. Let me get this straight. It was an attempt to mock someone you've never met before by insinuating that they might be claiming benefits?

Nope, sorry. You've lost me. Makes even less sense now.

NO,

What´s wrong with claiming benefits?

I wish I could :lol: I would clean them out if I had half a chance same as the polititions do :lol:

If You can´t make sense of anything I say, why do you try?

If you ever see me in the Uk again, It will be because I´m desperate and I will be in the front of the que.

Edited by Pirate

:lol:

Hi Casp

No one knows who pirate is because like so many others his profile is anonimous so can spout what he wants. I for one never take much interest in postings by invisible people........

Wrong,

Lots of people know who he is, including his name.

Link

Not very hard to find these things out, if they are troubling you.

Odd Surname is "Smelly" :lol:

But it exists......

I bought my last house from a Mr Nick Smelly.

It proved to be a big mistake to let BT allocate me his phone number though, as it turned out he had not been ex directory!

Alan Fincher, Again thank you.

No - don't bother.

I was happy to try and fill in some of the background for newer members, when you have not actually bothered to.

However you are now, (as I'm sure you know!), acting like a total plonker.

I'm out of here.

Thanks Alan, I rest my case

If you can¨t beat them Join them.

If you´re not convinced yet,

take a look at this stuff for more proof

*snip*

from my CW inbox.....

Sent from a deleted member.

Who is it that can delete members I ask?

Enjoy, goodbye and .God Bless

Edited by Lady Muck

Thanks Alan I rest my case

look at this stuff for more proof

*snip*

from my cw inbox.....enjoy and goodbye

Sent from a deleted member, Who can delete members I ask?

you realise if you don't get treatment soon the Tories will stop your benefits soon.

ooopppsss wrong thread

Edited by Lady Muck

Has he gone?

Phew!

What did I miss......I'm on 'uber-slow' mobile broadband that seems to take a week to download a single page....I think I should take the boat back to Gas Street just for the 3g service!

I caught the first page about not trusting anyone on this 'ere forum....

I've met some delightfully unreliable skallywags on this 'ere forum...and boating is the better for it!

:lol:

*snip*

from my CW inbox.....

Good God not another threatened good bye. At this rate you will beat Frank Sinatra for the number of farewell performances.

Edited by Lady Muck

*snip*

from my CW inbox.....

Yes well that would be a spammer and spam accounts are always deleted by the site crew. If you must come back here to willy wave, we'd prefer it if you didnt repost spam links.

Thread now locked: