Only One Question

Pirate

Featured Posts

Guest wanted
Thank you Alan, but your wasting your time, they are here to bully and ridicule as usual.

Some one mentioned I hadn´t learned a lesson, how mistaken they are.

What do I achive, well I have shown that members here don´t give a toss about boaters needs and I have brought to the front a few names who suddenly, as you say are now against the builder who at the time strongly defended him, sugesting I was lieing. I have read statements made by these same people saying they supported him because my figures were some how wrong. I think maybe based on what the said builder told them while they were up his a$%Se.

What do I achieve, well the things I learned would have been so helpfull to anyone who got into my situation. It´s very expensive to deal with however I came across a way of doing it if you have no money, although unfortunatelyt too late to help myself.

I think I have shown that the behaviour on here has stopped some good information being posted and NOT helped anyone.

Most forums where people go to find help may have been glad to see how things ended and more importantly how it was achieved. I think I have shown this is not a forum to come to if you need serious help or advice.

However I agree Maybe I shouldn´t stoop down to their level too, I´m sure theirs plenty on here know I can easily give as good as I get, and for a minute I was tempted

I will refrain, all the best

Pirate, Please understand that I (and i am sure quite a few) people have massive sympathy for your situation and would be more than happy to hear about it, the trouble is, you seem to have popped up out of the blue, ranting and raving that we are all untrustworthy and full of crap that it kind of put me on the defensive. Obviously you have had a lot to deal with but may I suggest that you ignor the people you feel have wronged you and crack on with the solutions?

cheers

Rob

Characterising an entire board by the perceived behaviour of a tiny minority of its posters suggests that you haven't really got the hang of this internet forum thing yet. Toughen up, or don't use them. Flouncing like this will only ever attract more ridicule to that already delicate ego.

I commissioned a Narrow boat build about 5 years ago, all went pear shaped almost immediately after completion. I got Lawyers surveyors and made a blog which found it´s way onto this forum,

However rather than being supported here I was ridiculed, bullied and made to look like an absolute fool, I found that several tradesmen on here portraying themselves as being on general boaters side, were in fact actually communicating by phone with the builder and taking his side. A few new characters turned up on the forum causing havoc, IMO they were trying to make every one come to the conclusion it was me. Names like Troll was being banded about.

I spent many thousands of pounds looking for justice and advice. I have found out so much useful information that could now help others.

This knowledge, that I paid thousands of pounds for could have been passed on to members of this forum whom god forbid should ever get themselves into the same situation as we were in, could benefit from, free of charge. I even now know how you can fight these bad guys when you have no money.

Unfortunately from my short visit here I can see the forum is still full of bar stewards and know alls with loose tongues wanting to drive people away.

My story has ended, I´m very happy travelling Europe, and I have a wealth of knowledge behind me that I could have shared with you that may or may not have been useful,

Unfortunately I have no desire to share my knowledge here, You will learn nothing from my experiences.

I´m going off again now, I feel I was a fool to return even though it was only to offer my support too another unfortunate boater whos site I stumbled across. Nowt's changed on here except some of the names, and most of these I suspect are reincarnated..

The only advice I am prepared to offer is

1. If having a boat built, keep at least 20k back in case you need to take action against the builder.

2. Don´t look on here for advice.

3. Don´t trust anyone on here, .

4. Don´t tell them on here what you have paid good money to learn..( They wont appreciate it.)

5. Don´t expect to win any case unless you are prepared to pay out large amounts of money, (in advance) unless you find out how to do it with no money, Unfortunately I found out about this method too late to help me.

There are folk on here I like, I wish them well.

The others are still doing a great job at keeping the forum what it is.

So I leave you with the question . . "Does this make it a great and helpful boating forum"?

Are you cycling around Europe by any chance...

So as not to be rude I will reply to you, all in one post, if that's alright

Sueb, Yes that´s what makes a forum interesting.

mrsmelly. I think your comment "UK is Tops" says a lot more about you than you could imagine, the canals

in Europe we travel, are much better in every way, and IMO the people are much nicer.

Bodger, re´ the loss of this forum, I disagree.

Blackrose, as a Troll, can you rate me percentage wise, from 100 to 101.

Gibbo, Pass

Tim, I´ll second that what you call yourself.

Nb No Deadlines, what can I say, 3 months owning a second hand boat and you "THINK" you are superior to everyone.

Wanted, Not telling anyone what to do, simply advising serious boaters not to expect serious help here.

Machpoint005, and some here think I don´t know what I´m doing.

Daves6guitars, I don´t take anything serious on here, and I haven´t lost any money, What a strange comment you make.

twbm, yes, thought it was you, why did´t you come aboard mate, I´m using a proxy server here just to confuse.

Nb No Deadlines, keep trying to make moderator, I´ll have you running around in circles in no time.

ChrisPy, Hi Polly, talking of cures how´s your fingers? Have they grown the skin back yet from trying to google so fast

to get answers to post to try and look clever, or are you still at it.

daves6guitars, one day you may learn how to manipulate folk on here to your own advantage,

actually it´s really not so difficult.

Boatless, your not yet at the stage that you can understand me. Don´t try to.

Speedwheel, Me thinks you cant grasp what you just said, lol. whoops

Grace&Favour, Thank you and I came to terms with any issues I may have had 4 years ago.

Peter reed, This pirate still is, take a look at the bottom of the page.

NB No Deadlines, Like I said to Blackrose, would you also be kind enough to rate me as a

Troll, again in percentages say from 101 to 102.

Alan Fincher, Again thank you.

Wanted, please understand, talking to people on the street like you feel you can on here, may just end you up not needing to visit

a dentist ever again, in fact this applies to many other posters on here.

ymu, er it´s Not All on here, however I see you are thinking along the lines that it is, why is that I wonder?

Flouncing and using the Internet to my advantage, Delicate? you´ve got such a lot to learn about me, it would seem.

Carlt, Do you like anybody? You´r still the best arguer on here I bet? Yes I have a unique approach that gets results, and are now tried and tested.

Did you ever clear your mess up around your boat by the way?

David Shweizer, Please don't say you forgot me. Now I am upset.

journeyperson, Maybe, Try researching more instead of spouting cr%p on here trying to look clever.

Kiki, No I´m on my New Boat in Europe, We don´t refer to it as boating now, we call it living.

On the move again shortly, where to next, decisions decisions, it´s hard in this heat, to get motivated.

Well didn´t get an answer to the question yet did I?

Edited by Pirate

Well i've no idea who Pirate is but I do feel sorry for anyone who has lost their boat, especially if they've ended up in Europe as well.

Casp'

:lol:

Hi Casp

No one knows who pirate is because like so many others his profile is anonimous so can spout what he wants. I for one never take much interest in postings by invisible people........

Hi Casp

No one knows who pirate is because like so many others his profile is anonimous so can spout what he wants. I for one never take much interest in postings by invisible people........

Except to be insulting that is hey?

Your 2nd post on this one thread :lol:

3rd what a T$ss pot

Hi Pirate

Listen stop taking life so seriously I am actualy a friendly chap who just likes a bit of banter so stop loosing ya cool or the mods will slap ya wrist. If you are ever back in dear old blighty call off at Thrupp and I will buy ya a pint in The Boat inn whilst we swop stories.

Hi Pirate

Listen stop taking life so seriously I am actualy a friendly chap who just likes a bit of banter so stop loosing ya cool or the mods will slap ya wrist. If you are ever back in dear old blighty call off at Thrupp and I will buy ya a pint in The Boat inn whilst we swop stories.

Ha ha, Not losing my cool, I can give as good as I get.

My stories may make your hair curl :lol:

Edited by Pirate

Hells teeth pirate, what happened? You used to be as cheerful and entertaining as anyone on here. How come you're acting like a total c**t all of a sudden?

Quite honestly if you've only come back to annoy then bugger off! And stop coming across like you are some kind of all wise guru looking down on the imbecile worms below.

Guest wanted

Pirate, Please understand that I (and i am sure quite a few) people have massive sympathy for your situation and would be more than happy to hear about it, the trouble is, you seem to have popped up out of the blue, ranting and raving that we are all untrustworthy and full of crap that it kind of put me on the defensive. Obviously you have had a lot to deal with but may I suggest that you ignor the people you feel have wronged you and crack on with the solutions?

cheers

Rob

Wanted, please understand, talking to people on the street like you feel you can on here, may just end you up not needing to visit

That's the spirit! a good, well thought out mesured response.

I'll explain my post... after reading Alan's reply I gained a little more understanding of your plight, for which I still have sympathy. I offered you that sympathy and the reason why I think you could have made a more civil entrance. That's it really. I can assure you that it will be pointless you telling me how i should talk to people, I don't respond the violence or threats of violence in anyway. But if you are ever in the west London area, let me know, you can meet me then and see that I still have all of my teeth.

Hells teeth pirate, what happened? You used to be as cheerful and entertaining as anyone on here. How come you're acting like a total c**t all of a sudden?

Quite honestly if you've only come back to annoy then bugger off! And stop coming across like you are some kind of all wise guru looking down on the imbecile worms below.

God is that how I come across? :lol:

I´m not sure quite what is annoying you, what I say or peoples responses to what I say?

Sorry I dont know how to express myself so well in type, please don´t judge me by my type, maybe just maaaaybe I just look wise next to some on here?

Who knows, any way, Hello to you again, but it´s bye bye too coz were off again tomorrow, So I guess in a way your wish is granted.

cheers

Rob

That's the spirit! a good, well thought out mesured response.

I'll explain my post... after reading Alan's reply I gained a little more understanding of your plight, for which I still have sympathy. I offered you that sympathy and the reason why I think you could have made a more civil entrance. That's it really. I can assure you that it will be pointless you telling me how i should talk to people, I don't respond the violence or threats of violence in anyway. But if you are ever in the west London area, let me know, you can meet me then and see that I still have all of my teeth.

Are you insinuating others don´t think before they speak?

Nice to meet you anyway. I wasn´t threatening anybody, just pointing out a fact of life.

I do like your more friendly tones much better :lol:

Edited by Pirate