Canal forums

spacecactus

Featured Posts

Your best bet is to use Google.

It isn't really "good form" to advertise, or disparage, the "competition" (though CWDF tends to get slagged off, repeatedly, elsewhere).

I find the others (not being in any way specific) lacking in expert knowledge, too slow, too self-righteous or, in one case, practically devoid of any actual waterways content.

Edited by carlt

It isn't really "good form" to advertise, or disparage, the "competition" (though CWDF tends to get slagged off, repeatedly, elsewhere).

why? the other sites are equally entitled to exist on the net and although this site is the most active the others contribute to the subject.

i've won a competition on 1 and entered quizes on another.

OP no real need for 2 identical posts is there???

why? the other sites are equally entitled to exist on the net and although this site is the most active the others contribute to the subject.

i've won a competition on 1 and entered quizes on another.

OP no real need for 2 identical posts is there???

Where did I say they weren't entitled to exist?

Please don't attribute such rubbish, to me.

I just don't think it is good form to specifically slag other forums off, and I understood that to be accepted etiquette.

Where did I say they weren't entitled to exist?

Please don't attribute such rubbish, to me.

I just don't think it is good form to specifically slag other forums off, and I understood that to be accepted etiquette.

cant see any slagging though

The thing I don't like about forums is how members edit their posts, so others can't gain amusement at their cock-ups. :lol:

Well people complain when you carnt spell and then they complain when you try and correct it.

Maybe get a job as a school teacher and then you can nit pick all day long and laugh at their spellig at the same time

Blows a big kiss to Carlt

I thought you'd mentioned that you already use a few others?

There is a lot of forums about subjects other than canals out there.

Its a very diverse community of diffrent communities you see.

I dunno how I managed to post twice, sorry about that

Edited by spacecactus

Well people complain when you carnt spell and then they complain when you try and correct it.

Maybe get a job as a school teacher and then you can nit pick all day long and laugh at their spellig at the same time

Blows a big kiss to Carlt

I wasn't complaining, I was making a joke, though, admittedly, at your expense. :lol:

There is a lot of forums about subjects other than canals out there.

Ahh! I thought you meant IW forums.

I join a forum to research and ask questions about anything I'm interested in or contemplating purchasing.

Some of them are entertaining, some are informative but none have held my interest, like this one, despite leaving inland waters 3 years ago.

This is the only forum I contribute regularly to.