L&L closure

dor

Featured Posts

The closure made the main ITV news tonight - with a very brief reference to the need for hire boat companies to re-locate - I'm guessing Karen Holt who was interviewed is associated with canalboatescapes...

as said before guys good luck with the move..

Thanks. Yes that was indeed my good lady.

All our boats are now on their way to Selby. As someone said above, we are lucky in that we can re-located. Pubs such as the Cross Keys at Easy Marton are going to be hit for six.

• 1 month later...

just received this update

"UPDATE (15 September 2010): Schedule for the re-opening of the Leeds & Liverpool Canal Following review of the reservoir levels in the North West, we are pleased to announce the following scheduled re-opening of the Leeds & Liverpool Canal:

•Friday 17 September – 40 mile section between Barrowford and Wigan;

•Wednesday 22 September – remaining 20 mile section between Barrowford and Gargrave.

Restrictions on passages will remain on all lock flights between 9-4pm with single passage on the Wigan lock flight in each direction. For full details of the canals restrictions please visit the dedicated drought pages on www.waterscape.com or by calling British Waterways Customer Services on 01923 201120."

cheers.gif

Edited by Jamboat
  • Greenie 1

• 4 years later...

It's all very well Joyce Plummer spouting about inconsiderate boat users, we met one of her boat club members coming down Barrowford locks this morning as we were going up them they had 3 locks set in front of them all full with the gates open so they could travel straight from one into the other, as they emptied the lock their boat was in the water ran down over the gates on the lock in front.
totally inconsiderate of other canal users,when I told one of them to do one lock at a time they replied we always do this, It's idiots like this who should not be allowed on the canals, I have never come across such inconsiderate boat users before. THE BOAT IN QUESTION IS CALLED L******* reg no 7***0 and is moored in the 3rd mooring at the top of BARROWFORD LOCKS, they have been reported to the CRT over this incident.

Hi teak,

As a new member i cannot send you a mail,just to let you know i have edited your post, the thread is over 4 years old,also please refrain from swearing as this is a family forum and is read by non adults.
GG
site crew

Edited by GoodGurl
edited out swearing

It's all very well Joyce Plummer spouting about inconsiderate boat users, we met one of her boat club members coming down Barrowford locks this morning as we were going up them they had 3 locks set in front of them all full with the gates open so they could travel straight from one into the other, as they emptied the lock their boat was in the water ran down over the gates on the lock in front.

totally inconsiderate of other canal users,when I told one of them to do one lock at a time they replied we always do this, It's ******* like this who should not be allowed on the canals, I have never come across such inconsiderate boat users before. THE BOAT IN QUESTION IS CALLED L******* reg no 7***0 and is moored in the 3rd mooring at the top of BARROWFORD LOCKS, they have been reported to the CRT over this incident

So how do we know that you do not have some sort of personal vendetta against this particular boater? And have just posted this (on the back of a nearly five year old thread) to cause problems for them. Surely it would have been sufficient to report it to CRT and leave it that, then your first post on the forum could have been a bit less of a rant and it wouldn't have included offensive language which is contrary to forum rules and guidelines.

Edited by GoodGurl
edited quote

totally inconsiderate of other canal users,when I told one of them to do one lock at a time they replied we always do this, It's idiots like this who should not be allowed on the canals, I have never come across such inconsiderate boat users before. THE BOAT IN QUESTION IS CALLED L******* reg no 7***0 and is moored in the 3rd mooring at the top of BARROWFORD LOCKS, they have been reported to the CRT over this incident

Welcome and Congratulations. Did you realise this thread is four and a half years old?

I'd agree however, that does seem to be inconsiderate.

Edited by GoodGurl
edited quote

totally inconsiderate of other canal users,when I told one of them to do one lock at a time they replied we always do this, It's idiots like this who should not be allowed on the canals, I have never come across such inconsiderate boat users before. THE BOAT IN QUESTION IS CALLED L******* reg no 7***0 and is moored in the 3rd mooring at the top of BARROWFORD LOCKS, they have been reported to the CRT over this incident

That's quite a good rant. 7 out of 10.

Edited by GoodGurl
edited quote

Welcome and Congratulations. Did you realise this thread is four and a half years old?

I'd agree however, that does seem to be inconsiderate.

It's incosiderate and wasteful if it could be seen that boats were waiting to come the other way.

Life without setting locks ahead would be incredibly tedious.

Tim

It's incosiderate and wasteful if it could be seen that boats were waiting to come the other way.

Life without setting locks ahead would be incredibly tedious.

Tim

I agree as a single hander it would also be a very slow process as you say just be aware if any boats are coming the other way.

I also hope the mods remove the name and number of the boat as naming and shaming it a slippery road

I saw the thread and thought - Blimey is the canal closing again.

Those were the days that nearly finished us off......

Not missing hiring boats one single little bit.

I bet some of your customers are and one person I know that used to help

Do CC-ers on the L&L still have to move every 14days?

What a strange question.

Of course they do, the canal reopened over four years ago. Though I seem to recall when it was closed there was reference to them not being subject to enforcement, which lets face would be pretty draconian if they were.

Edited by MJG