fuel and water gauges

DobieJade

Featured Posts

Has anyone fitted gauges for water and fuel which do not need to have holes cut in the tannk? Read an article in one of the mags but now can't find it.

Hi there,

I have a water tank gauge (from Mid Service Centre) which plumbs into the pump suction side. The only piece of surgery required is to chop the water pipe before the pump and fit the level sensor.

Their phone no. is: 0121 354 5552.

The whole thing worked very well till this past winter when during the deep freeze, the sender unit packed up but it has just been returned after repair. I have not refitted the sender yet as the boat is 240 miles away.

Hope this helps.

Colin

p.s. Their advert is usually in "Waterways World"

Edited by colinjw

• 2 weeks later...
Our fuel gauge is about half inch diameter, 4 feet long and made of wood.

Water gauge is a piece of transparent pipe T'd into the tank outlet.

Both are very accurate, very cheap, and certainly don't involve drilling extra holes in the tanks.

:lol:

My water guage is even simpler, if the front anodes show above the waterline, the pointy end is too light (roughly 2/3's empty) and it is time to refill the water tank. After filling the anodes are around 1" below the waterline.

I was bullied into fitting a water gauge after saying "yes of course we've got enough water for you to have a shower".

I made one which senses the level by a length of round 3-core cable that enters through a small round hole in the plastic pipe that connects the filler cap to the tank (sealed with silicone) and then pokes down into the water.