Silicone grease

Featured Posts

My Vetus water lubricated stern gear needs occasional greasing with silicone grease. This seems rather hard to get hold of (other than as a spray which is of no use here). The nearest I have found is "Silicone Lubricant" made by Marley for use with 'O' rings in drains. Is this OK or is something apparently more appropriate available - if so where?

I have tried mailing Vetus but with no response, so hopefully someone here knows - thanks for any info.

My Vetus water lubricated stern gear needs occasional greasing with silicone grease. This seems rather hard to get hold of (other than as a spray which is of no use here). The nearest I have found is "Silicone Lubricant" made by Marley for use with 'O' rings in drains. Is this OK or is something apparently more appropriate available - if so where?

I have tried mailing Vetus but with no response, so hopefully someone here knows - thanks for any info.

Rapid Electronics .....CLICKY

Ah yes... horribly expensive way of buying it though.

It's not too pricey at all but the added p&p will be, so Ebay will work out cheaper (clicky)

If you've found a much cheaper source, please share.

Edit:

Bit cheaper on Amazon (clicky) though a good local plumbers merchant might have in stock for a reasonable price.

cheers,

Pete.

Edited by smileypete

I've also got a vetus water lub. stern tube, and I've never applied grease to it in the past 5 years so I expect its long overdue!

How do you get the grease in ?

There is a bolt in the top that fits an allen key.

Remove the bolt, and squirt grease in.

Replace the bolt.

I do ours every 6 months.