Boat name popularity

kiki

Featured Posts

The owner of that has lost half of the joke. I saw another one called "Sir Osis of the River". Much cleverer!

What do you expect from a tupperware driver. (I take it Phylis has gone home)

My previous boat's name TYRO is still unique according to Jim Shead's listing.

'Twould be a shame if someone copied it.

You may already have I'm afraid, I called my second speedboat TYRO back in the mid 1990s. It had been FAB 2 but I tired of that.

gallery_4682_2_43701.jpg

I'm surprised more people haven't come up with the name, although it was diffcult to get over to Woolwich Radio on the vhf when we went down through the Thames Barrier, many have never heard the word it seems.

Steve

I have only seen one "gaggle of geese" on the cut, the name is not painted on but when i give the name in when buying fuel or the like it makes the ladies giggle for some reason.

surely the canals are where you would expect to find a gaggle of geese.

It shows 29 Ionas - actually there's 28 as Jim Shead's site has ours listed twice, once as a Doug Moore boat and the other as an unknown builder.

If we didn't like the name of the boat we were going to rename her Ellada - that would have been unique. We like Iona though so it's staying.

I thought renaming our boat Germany 4 England 1 would guarantee uniqueness :lol:

You beat me to it, in a similar vein I was going to say there isn't a boat called " Partick Thistle Nil "

Edited by Henhouse