EAst Anglia Visit

Canalwatcher

Featured Posts

I live not too far away from the proposed Bedford/Mk link. We are looking forward to this, whenever it may be completed!

I have chatted with some C'cers/boaters and it is apparent that the lack of facilities on the 'middle levels' generally (sorry - I'm not familiar with this whole stretch, but have heard that facilities are DIRE!!) are a big problem. I was able to pass on this info, and hope the lack will be addressed.

It is to be hoped that local voices in favour of great facilities on the proposed link will make a great improvement for you fortunate boaters.

OH! and that you will visit our wonderful Forest Centre at Marston Vale!!

Free advertising too!

We look forward to seeing a whole new kind of visitor to our beautiful site.

G'day Sue

I live not too far away from the proposed Bedford/Mk link. We are looking forward to this, whenever it may be completed!

I have chatted with some C'cers/boaters and it is apparent that the lack of facilities on the 'middle levels' generally (sorry - I'm not familiar with this whole stretch, but have heard that facilities are DIRE!!) are a big problem. I was able to pass on this info, and hope the lack will be addressed.

It is to be hoped that local voices in favour of great facilities on the proposed link will make a great improvement for you fortunate boaters.

OH! and that you will visit our wonderful Forest Centre at Marston Vale!!

Free advertising too!

We look forward to seeing a whole new kind of visitor to our beautiful site.

Well we haven't got a marina every half-mile, but I would not call the facilities dire! I don't know the Ramsey stretch, but further East:

Marina with all facilities at March (Fox's).

Waste disposal at Floods Ferry and March town centre.

Water at Floods Ferry, March town centre, Upwell.

Public moorings at March, Upwell, Outwell, Nordelph, Salter's Lode.

Shopping at March (lots of), Upwell, (Spar, P.O., greengrocer, three butchers, two fish & chip shops), Outwell (P.O., newsagent, small supermarket).

Oh, and PUBS in March (lots of), Upwell, Outwell, also a bar at Floods Ferry.

So it's not all a wilderness.

EDIT: Almost forgot, for those taking a diversionary route, village shop and pub at Three Holes!

Edited by Athy

Yes, it is economical around here! But not all the facilities are provided or paid for by the MLC: at least some of the moorings (rather pleasantly known as "Public staithes") are maintained by the Well Creek Trust.