Middlewich Folk & Boat Fesitval

Liam

Featured Posts

Who's going? :lol:

I will be going at some point as I am not far away but I am not taking the boat as it is a family birthday weekend too and I have a few places I have to be all at the one time. But I will look out for boats with familiar names from here and I may be able to put a face to a name or two !

Minnow is

Saw you go past at the weekend. I was the one sitting on the top of Cactus trying to look like I was doing something constructive but actually just enjoying the sun!

Minnow look wonderful and the engine was running beautifully!

Ohh not me btw - no time to get from Middlewich down to Braunston.

Edited by Speedwheel

• 11 months later...

We are too, not been before but as we are only a few hours away it seems daft not to. We can't get there until Friday night, will we have difficulty finding a mooring close to the town?

This thread was actually about last years festival but we will be going again this year, there looks to be a good line-up of artists too. We arrived Friday evening a couple of years ago and had to moor on the outskirts of Middlewich, I plan to get there Thursday afternoon as I did last year and found somewhere quite central.

This thread was actually about last years festival but we will be going again this year, there looks to be a good line-up of artists too. We arrived Friday evening a couple of years ago and had to moor on the outskirts of Middlewich, I plan to get there Thursday afternoon as I did last year and found somewhere quite central.

Thanks, didn't notice the date of the original post :-/ We can't get there any sooner, my partners away with work till Friday morning so we're jumping in the car and dashing down to the marina as soon as he's back. We will have to moor somewhere above Wardle lock, I'm expecting a bit of a walk.

Thanks, didn't notice the date of the original post :-/ We can't get there any sooner, my partners away with work till Friday morning so we're jumping in the car and dashing down to the marina as soon as he's back. We will have to moor somewhere above Wardle lock, I'm expecting a bit of a walk.

Yes I didn't know which direction you were coming from but when we arrived on a Friday evening at about 10.00pm we were nearer to Stanthorne Lock than Wardle Lock. There have been some towpath improvements along there recently so it should be an easy walk.