Caldon Canal

pearley

Featured Posts

Hoping to go there next week but 20 years since we last did. Joanie M draws about 27 inches depending on how full the fuel tanks are. Anybody know if there will be a greater than normal problem?

I'm sure you'll have no problems (although just one query, does anyone know how deep is the approach to Froghall now?)

You should be more than fine.

- We took emilyanne to the limit of navigation (basin after the first lock of the uttoxeter canal) without issue and shes 2ft 9ishunder way (33inch)

- Cant comment on the arm, but i wouldnt be supprised if thats fine to, and if its not, its not far to reverse from anyway on it.

Daniel

Hoping to go there next week but 20 years since we last did. Joanie M draws about 27 inches depending on how full the fuel tanks are. Anybody know if there will be a greater than normal problem?

We did both the main canal and the Leek Branch a couple of weeks ago in our nb which has a similar draft to yours - no problems at all and a glorious trip once you get out of Stoke. Incidentally you now need an antivandal key for planet lock (lock 3).

The Caldon is ok, The work boats from the stoppages went from Flintmill Lock to Etruria, including a big and deep boat (Grenville)? if any crap was in bridge holes that would have shifted it, the approach to Froghall is best on the canal,, i heard last week that tunnel pool area (Leek Branch) was to be drained off for leak repairs soon, thats this side of the tunnel (breach), ill get more info and dates.

There is a barrier across the Leek Arm of the canal about a quarter of a mile beyond bridge 7 and the canal is dammed a couple of hundred yards beyond that in preparation for its being drained. Notices at the site dated the 19th of April say that the work should take seven weeks.

The closure means that the last opportunity to wind on the Leek Arm is immediately before bridge 6 (Horse Bridge)

If your not sure and want the absolute ring British Waterways - ask for the number of the local BW manager - there is a document you can download from them showing the through depths of all canals - i have found it better to give the local guy a call just to be on the safe side.