firelogs

tom&chez

Featured Posts

I once had a near disaster with something like that, they were called "Loglets".

They were like sawdust, tightly compressed and lightly glued together. When they got hot, the glue disappeared and they totally lost all their mechanical strength. They looked fine, but were only OK until disturbed. I opened the front door of the stove and all was OK, but when I gave them a slight poke an entire fire-load of red-hot sawdust fell out of the front of the stove and landed all over the carpet.

Of course these may be nothing like that.

If they're anything like these, then

a) Yes we use them

b.) We break them in half or thirds (we've got a small 4KW stove)

c) they seem to burn at a high temperature, so don't put too many in at the same time - (we did, and the stove began to creak and crack alarmingly from the heat expansion)

d.) they fall apart if you just look at them, so be careful when opening the stove door.

Eco%20Logs_s.jpg

hi at our local home bargains they are selling firelogs the type you fling in and light in the wrapper can they be used ina multi fuel stove ? and has anyone used them

thanks tom& chez

Hi yes we use them all the time. Much easier to get the stove going and less mess in the morning. In our boatmans burner one lasts all night (about 4/5 hours on a slow burn. Last time they were on offer at Wilkos I bought 20...

hi at our local home bargains they are selling firelogs the type you fling in and light in the wrapper can they be used ina multi fuel stove ? and has anyone used them

thanks tom& chez

Hehe, yeah, we've been known to give in and bung one on in desperation - they get going very quickly and get hot quickly. They have a big warning on saying not to cut them but we do - usually into thirds. Very expensive way of doing it so not common for us - we've tried about a million types of coal this winter and have settled on one that suits our stove so we dno't really need the extra boost these days.

I'm sure someone will come along soon and tell us why they're a terrible idea :lol: