Eyes peeled for a Viking 23ft under 10k

larrysanders

Featured Posts

I've got a mate who's looking for his first boat. He's taken a fancy to Viking and been to see a 23ft 4 berth, however the one in question was somewhat shabby and no BSC. Can you please keep your eyes peeled for any good examples over the next few weeks. Location isn't an issue however closer to the East Midlands the better.

Thanks in advance!

Have you had a look at Billing Aquadrome?

Used to be Ken Yates but I think he's sold up.

Ken retired and sold out to his boat-fitter "Eastern Caravans and Narrowboats" also trading as "Eastern Marine Sales".

Eastern were trading last summer, we moored our boat with them en route for the Middle Levels. More recently they have stopped advertising in the glossies, so I don't know if they are still there.

regards

David

PS This has last contact details I had:-

http://www.easternmarinesales.co.uk/images/Page%201bb.pdf

Edited by Bullfrog

Ken retired and sold out to his boat-fitter "Eastern Caravans and Narrowboats" also trading as "Eastern Marine Sales".

Eastern were trading last summer, we moored our boat with them en route for the Middle Levels. More recently they have stopped advertising in the glossies, so I don't know if they are still there.

regards

David

When I was looking for our boat I viewed one at the very place. Their website has changed since and doesn't seem to work properly so maybe they've shut up shop?

I've got a mate who's looking for his first boat. He's taken a fancy to Viking and been to see a 23ft 4 berth, however the one in question was somewhat shabby and no BSC. Can you please keep your eyes peeled for any good examples over the next few weeks. Location isn't an issue however closer to the East Midlands the better.

Thanks in advance!

Tell your friend to google "Viking 23". They will find a number advertised.....in particular a nice fully refurbed example near Cambridge (on boatshed) for £8950. Looks a liovely starter boat.

Jez

Thanks in advance!

There#'s a 20 And 23 for sale at Sawley Marina both under £10000.

http://www.bwml.co.uk/boats/

Try Nottingham Castle Marina. The chap there specializes in this sort of boat and does an excellent starter boat. He polishes each boat, antifouls it and kits it out with new ropes and fenders. They are not expensive either and he will deliver them.

A couple on our pontoon have just bought a Viking 22 from him and it is a very good example.

Editted to add: It appears he has had a shuffle around with company names but here is the same chap advertising his boats. Still from the same marina though

David Mawby

Edited by Phylis