BW Mooring Vacancy

GeoffS

Featured Posts

I think someones made a typo on this vacancy!

Typo

Guide £1491

Reserve £3267

Correct, I'd say!

All previous recent attempts, (usually failed!) to let a berth here have shown a guide price of £4,356, I think. (Curiously the same has been quoted for an alleged 13 metre berth as an alleged 22 metre one - something previously mulled over in another thread).

Given the £4,356 was probably last years prices, I'm guessing the correct figure should be around the £4,400 or £4,500 mark ? (Perhaps they meant £4,491 ??).

It will be interesting to see how the current Marsworth vacancy finishes tomorrow!

Indeed.....

Assuming "barefootsteffi", (who has so far only bid the reserve of £1575), is not an alter-ego of "MarkyMark" who failed to secure the last one, even with a £4,000 bid, I assume it's going to go a bit higher!

There's also a full length one up for grabs at Leighton Buzzard, but in the past these don't seem to have been popular at all.

Interesting spectator sport, but I still can't get my brain around paying the same for a basic tow-path mooring at "Maffers" as for fully secured, serviced, berths in the London area.

The Marsworth one is taking off now, with "millydog76" having entered the bidding, and is now well over guide.

Doesn't "millydog" sound remarkably like "mollydot" that was the successful bidder in the last one. :lol:

I'm thinking they may be trying again to see if they can get this one cheaper, then default on the last one! (Just a hunch, mind!).

It says a bit more money needed now

Yes,

It seems to be a total lash up, as they had the reserve price wrong too...

All recent GU auctions have had "reserve" at only 75% of "guide" - the Brentford one is the first in a while to use a higher percentage for "reserve", (80%).

The Marsworth one is taking off now, with "millydog76" having entered the bidding, and is now well over guide.

Doesn't "millydog" sound remarkably like "mollydot" that was the successful bidder in the last one. :lol:

I'm thinking they may be trying again to see if they can get this one cheaper, then default on the last one! (Just a hunch, mind!).

Well the latest 70 foot Marsworth tow-path mooring let for £2,305, it seems.

A bit over the £2100 guide price, but not that bad given the poularity of that location.

However, it makes the £4,005 per annum paid for a similar mooring only about 2 weeks ago look rather expensive now, doesn't it. :lol:

Well the latest 70 foot Marsworth tow-path mooring let for £2,305, it seems.

A bit over the £2100 guide price, but not that bad given the poularity of that location.

However, it makes the £4,005 per annum paid for a similar mooring only about 2 weeks ago look rather expensive now, doesn't it. :lol:

Doesnt it just! And the £4000 last year and the £6000 before that....