3/4" rubber bung

Featured Posts

The waste from my bath has a pipe for the overflow to join the waste, but my bath has no overflow, so I need to stop the pipe.

I saw this which looks perfect, but their site insists on a £6.99 flat delivery charge, which is daft.

Any idea where else I might try?

thanks.

The waste from my bath has a pipe for the overflow to join the waste, but my bath has no overflow, so I need to stop the pipe.

I saw this which looks perfect, but their site insists on a £6.99 flat delivery charge, which is daft.

thanks.

What's the overflow connection type/thread/size?

Also what's the bath waste connected to?

cheers,

Pete.

What's the overflow connection type/thread/size?

Also what's the bath waste connected to?

cheers,

Pete.

It's a pipe with a thread on the outside, so smooth internal - should be easy to stick a gluey bung in there if I can easily source one.

The bath waste is connected to a trap, which is connected to a reducer, which is connected to a hose, which is connected to a whale gulper, which is connected - via another hose - to the skin fitting. Oh hear the word of the lord... :lol:

It's a pipe with a thread on the outside, so smooth internal - should be easy to stick a gluey bung in there if I can easily source one.

The bath waste is connected to a trap, which is connected to a reducer, which is connected to a hose, which is connected to a whale gulper, which is connected - via another hose - to the skin fitting. Oh hear the word of the lord... :lol:

I'd connect a pipe which is taken up to the height of the edge of the bath then down into the bilge.

Then if the bath gets too high it'll overflow into the bilge not over the floor.

Also this means if the gulper is switched on with the bathplug in it won't try and pump against a blockage which won't do it much good.

If the pipe is taken to the deepest part of the bilge then it's possible to pump the bilge out by putting the bath plug in and switching the gulper on. :lol:

cheers,

Pete.

If the pipe is taken to the deepest part of the bilge then it's possible to pump the bilge out by putting the bath plug in and switching the gulper on. :lol:

cheers,

Pete.

Ooh, ooh, radical. I like it :lol:

thanks.

Buy 79 of them, you qualify for free delivery...

result

It's a pipe with a thread on the outside

Presumably it's going to be a male iron 3/4" BSP thread then?

In which case there a quite a few fittings that'll blank it off for you - a 22mm compression stop-end would probably work. Otherwise, a glued-in piece of plastic or similar, into a 22mm back-nut from a fitting, or a 3/4x15mm tap connector (or 3/4 FIx15) and blanked off piece of 15mm pipe? Lots of solutions.

Measure the diameter of the thread and I'm sure someone will come up with even more.

PC