Land At Side Of Canal

Glennbrown

Featured Posts

Well Ive done it!!

Ive just bought a chunk of land at the side of the canal which is a woodland setting having a 320 m piled bank and on a main road location!

Cant say where it is at mo till I complete on it next week.

I have had a bit of a punt on this land and I know that just because I own the land it does not give me any rights to keep my boat their.

BW have introduced a policy of reducing on line moorings stating the fact that online boats slow us boaters down but I believe the real reason is that they want us all

packed into marinas and on there online moorings generating a bigger cut of our lovely money.

Do any of our reader have any experience of buying land and subsequently getting our masters consent to keep a boat or boats their?

There policy notes state various rules stating the criteria where they will grant consent and this land complies with 3 out of the 4 requirements

I am just tempted to moor my boat their and see what happens

Worse comes to worse anybody got a pony that needs somewhere to live!!!!!

(Sorry posted this in wrong section!!!!!!)

Edited by Glennbrown

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ subject to BW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ for BW

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££for the Taxman/woman/person

Loads a red tape for you.... and moaning moorers....

but congrats on the purchase at any rate, to own a stretch of woodland along the water is bliss. I'm not sure if I would want a lot of boats moored to be honest.

:lol:

If you plan to let other boats moor there too, it would be to your advantage to try to get a "Licence to moor" for the site rather than just a "mooring permit" for your boat. It does mean you have to pay BW a fee for the whole length of the bank whether or not there are boats moored there, but it also means that boats can come & go freely without new moorers having to each obtain a newly-negotiated boat-specific mooring permit. In effect it would make you the owner of a small linear marina, within whose confines you have a considerable degree of freedom. I speak as the owner of an 80ft linear marina where I normally moor just one boat (my own), but with the freedom to sub-let while I am away.

Do any of our reader have any experience of buying land and subsequently getting our masters consent to keep a boat or boats their?

There policy notes state various rules stating the criteria where they will grant consent and this land complies with 3 out of the 4 requirements

I am just tempted to moor my boat their and see what happens

Worse comes to worse anybody got a pony that needs somewhere to live!!!!!

(Sorry posted this in wrong section!!!!!!)

Congrats on the purchase, sounds lovely.

I would bet that your boat will be noticed and you will have contact from BW regarding an unauthorised mooring site within a month of placing your boat there.

D

Congratulations.

How deep is the parcel of land ? 320m long x ? m

Out of interest, what was the motivator for purchasing the land when there is a question mark over mooring rights ?

Can you erect any buildings on it ?

• 2 weeks later...