D Bar Rubbing Strake

Featured Posts

When I needed some (2" square edge) many moons ago when it wasn't commonly available, it was worth my while to hire a small flat wagon to go & collect about a ton of it from the mill somewhere in the 'greater Birmingham' area, actually watched it being rolled, had to wait for it to cool. Can't remember where it was, though.

A friend needed some, we split the order.

Tim

Can't remember which mill I contacted for the 2,1/2 but was through Tamworth steels

The 2in I get from my local stockist, Hillsborough Steel Stock, you can buy just the odd length.

Andrew

A bit of a long shot but you never know:

IIRC from his restoration blog, Dove had a bit of a palaver trying to get hold of some of this.

I think that Barry Hawkins had some but wouldn't sell him any.

BH have now folded so where has the stuff gone?

Barry Hawkins sold it all off. I do know who has got it, but most of it is already spoken for and I need a fair amount not just the odd bit. Still it might come good. Thanks to Andrew I do now have another lead that looks promising.

If not anyone want to buy some - might have 9 and 3/4 tonnes going spare soon!!! :lol: