Filters for Isuzu 70

raymondh

Featured Posts

Hi,

Any one out there know of alternative supply to Isuzu filters ?

I am looking for an oil filter to oe spec 5-8761 0009-0

I sourced the fuel filter at afraction of the Isuzu price and would like to do the same with the oil filter

I have done a cross ref but Isuzu seem to re number the "marine" filters to make it harder to

check

Regards Ray

Hi,

Any one out there know of alternative supply to Isuzu filters ?

I am looking for an oil filter to oe spec 5-8761 0009-0

I sourced the fuel filter at afraction of the Isuzu price and would like to do the same with the oil filter

I have done a cross ref but Isuzu seem to re number the "marine" filters to make it harder to

check

Regards Ray

Try Wix filters... :lol:

Try Wix filters... :lol:

Hi,

thanks for the reply - Wix /Fram/Baldwins/In line filters etc etc all no joy

I had same problem with the fuel filter no matching/cross ref on any site

tracked down by looking at Isuzu cars/4x4 untill I found one that looked right

paid £9 Isuzu price £37 not listed anywhere under the Isuzu "marine" part number

Regards Ray

Hi,

thanks for the reply - Wix /Fram/Baldwins/In line filters etc etc all no joy

I had same problem with the fuel filter no matching/cross ref on any site

tracked down by looking at Isuzu cars/4x4 untill I found one that looked right

paid £9 Isuzu price £37 not listed anywhere under the Isuzu "marine" part number

Regards Ray

:lol:

:lol:

Isuzu 70 marine engines were marinised from two models of automotive engines. These are 4JG1 PK and 4JG1 PV. Filters were interchangeable with both models. I believe the automotive variant engines were possibly used in isuzu trooper 4x4.

Isuzu 70 marine engines were marinised from two models of automotive engines. These are 4JG1 PK and 4JG1 PV. Filters were interchangeable with both models. I believe the automotive variant engines were possibly used in isuzu trooper 4x4.

70.... presumably horsepower .... doesn't sound much for a 4 x 4, even if it is a bit de-tuned for a boat....

Nick

Are there also cheaper equivalent automotive filters for the Isuzu 55?

Thanks

Thanks for all the help etc I may have solved the oil filter for my Isuzu 70 -(its 65hp)

the basic engine is the same as fitted to some troopers designated 3.1 litre however the

marine version has a watercooled filter head with a 20mm x 1.5 thread whilst the 4x4 has a 24mm x 1.5

thread

Looked at the 2.8 litre version and this has same size filter but with a 20mm x 1.5 thread

I have ordered one to look at £1.59 on ebay -- oe spec by Delphi

Will advise if ok and also my quest for a cheaper air filter

Regards Ray

Thanks for all the help etc I may have solved the oil filter for my Isuzu 70 -(its 65hp)

the basic engine is the same as fitted to some troopers designated 3.1 litre however the

marine version has a watercooled filter head with a 20mm x 1.5 thread whilst the 4x4 has a 24mm x 1.5

thread

Looked at the 2.8 litre version and this has same size filter but with a 20mm x 1.5 thread

I have ordered one to look at £1.59 on ebay -- oe spec by Delphi

Will advise if ok and also my quest for a cheaper air filter

Regards Ray

Hi,

Good news is oil filter is a match for the isuzu item so good saving £ there fuel filter is now £41 from KLC

so saved £39 on the two filters - I can pass on the cross ref by private message if required

regards Ray

Hi,

Good news is oil filter is a match for the isuzu item so good saving £ there fuel filter is now £41 from KLC

so saved £39 on the two filters - I can pass on the cross ref by private message if required

regards Ray

Hi Ray

Sorry for the late response, some research was required.

The genuine Isuzu filter comes in a box with two part numbers - the larger print number that you refer to, and a smaller print number beneath it.

The smaller printed number is described as (something similar to) genuine isuzu part number.

I think this is the filters description from an earlier numbering system (I have noticed that it is no longer included on new stock of other Isuzu filters)

The number is 8970497081, which does appear on several filter manufacturers cross reference web pages.

Alco, Mann and Mahle do not give an equivilant.

Baldwin gives B1446

Sure gives SFO9708

Sakura gives C 1511

Fram gives PH5203

I haven't tried any others yet.

Please check that you obtain the same results as me before using any of these filters.

Regards

Steve