Anyone know what's happening?

dave_2A_

Featured Posts

We walk the dogs on the Grantham canal most days (living a 2 minute walk away) and were suprised to find a change this afternoon - during this morning a section of fence & hedge has been removed and some pilings put in - sort of! There's no notices anywhere, and I can't for the life of me think what they're for - it's about 100 yards from the closure at the A1.

Anyone know?

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

We walk the dogs on the Grantham canal most days (living a 2 minute walk away) and were suprised to find a change this afternoon - during this morning a section of fence & hedge has been removed and some pilings put in - sort of! There's no notices anywhere, and I can't for the life of me think what they're for - it's about 100 yards from the closure at the A1.

Anyone know?

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

It may be that the landowner (?) of the adjacent fields is doing something of his own volition - - have you contacted your BW office and asked them - (one would normally suppose that if authorised work is underway the hedgerows would be decorated with BW notices)

Have the electricity board been rewiring the pylons?

I remember being somewhere on the cut in the midlands once and they were knocking down pylons, they had some sort of netting and scaffolding arrangement over the canal to catch the wires.

Have the electricity board been rewiring the pylons?

I remember being somewhere on the cut in the midlands once and they were knocking down pylons, they had some sort of netting and scaffolding arrangement over the canal to catch the wires.

Ah!! They have been working on pylons further up the line, and the line does cross the canal.

A landing stage/pontoon!!

Must be 40ft long. I think the Trailboat festival is going to be held here this year, so it must be for that. I for one would sooner see the money go towards lifting a bridge, or the reconnection, but there ya go.