Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bramley

Virus Alert "Important message from the forum administration!", warning spammer.

Featured Posts

Did anybody else get a pm from somebody?

- do not open the link, i havnt and i hope other people dont!! a virus of some sort i should think

Dear, bramley!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://###antivirus.effectmeds.com/bramley

----------------------------------------------------

Sincerely, Forum Administration www.canalworld.net.

This member has now been deleted, however site crew cannot removed the sent PMs from you inbox

- Please may all be reminded that PMs can be sent by anyone and cannot be vetted or moderated and hence require the vigilance of any e-based mail.

Edited by DHutch

Did anybody else get a pm from somebody?

do not open the link, i havnt and i hope other people dont!! a virus of some sort i should think

Dear, bramley!

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: ----------------------------------------------------

No! I never received that! Tut, preferential treatment!

Edited by Matthew Knowles

These things usually get caught while in the usernamse begining with A. must have been quick to get to B for Bramley.

Could you edit out the link please as how it is in your post it still works.

Richard

I didn't get that, but there was a new thread on here a minute ago from a nice chap complimenting the forum and offering to make us all rich. Where has it gone? I was just about to riddle my PC with Trojan horses make a few bob.

Hi Bramley,

I've just sorted this out.. but could I please ask in future that you PM every member of the Mod team to make them aware of it, ta :lol:

The sooner we can catch these (insert swear words here) the better.

I've just received this in a PM:

Dear, dor!

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately:http://antivirus.effectmeds.com/dor (link removed)

Looked suspicious to me so didn't follow the link. I take it this is a hack?

Going on from RLWP's post above - seems it got through to a 'd'

Edited by dor

Funny...all I got was:

Ahh! My nipples have exploded!

--------------------

Liam

Ex M&C 'Ariel'

Manchester - Bridgewater Canal

www.liamswebsite.co.uk & www.canalcarrying.co.uk

Edited by Matthew Knowles

I didn't get that, but there was a new thread on here a minute ago from a nice chap complimenting the forum and offering to make us all rich. Where has it gone? I was just about to riddle my PC with Trojan horses make a few bob.

Me and Liam done him in...

Will you all please stop posting and quoting that link. It is live in each of the posts above except the one the Bramley edited.

Richard

Edited by RLWP

I have stickied this thread for a while until people have had chance to see it a both a warning and reminder.

These things usually get caught while in the usernamse begining with A. must have been quick to get to B for Bramley.

need to change my name to Xanadu !

Dear, larkshall!

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: (Link removed)

A spam I take it website doesn't 'ping'

Edited by Liam

Don't go anywhere near it <shudder>. I will speak to rest of site crew - apparently this has been happening on facebook recently too.

And, again, disable the link in the OP.

Found this message in my PM box this morning:

"Hello friend, i found you htp://pefero.co.cc/Mike the Boilerm.../ "

(I've disabled the real link actually in the message by changing the original 'http' into 'htp'.)

Not the sort of PM I'd expect to get from anyone on here. Is it from a real user or has everyone got the same message from a site hack? Any mods able to comment please?

Cheers, Mike

Found this message in my PM box this morning:

"Hello friend, i found you htp://pefero.co.cc/Mike the Boilerm.../ "

(I've disabled the real link actually in the message by changing the original 'http' into 'htp'.)

Not the sort of PM I'd expect to get from anyone on here. Is it from a real user or has everyone got the same message from a site hack? Any mods able to comment please?

Cheers, Mike

The site software needs updating to prevent the latest advances by spammers. This will be done as soon as our experts can make the time available. In the meantime, the forum is vulnerable to attacks by spammers and members should treat strange PMs and posts with extreme caution.

I had a personal message e-mail from Viessioto. As soon as I clicked on the link, I had a very high risk attack blocked by by Nortons. Can somebody check this please

Report details to Mods ASAP to remove member. Use Report button, bottom left if neccessary.

Edited by dave69700

I had a personal message e-mail from Viessioto. As soon as I clicked on the link, I had a very high risk attack blocked by by Nortons. Can somebody check this please

I have had one of these too but having seen this I just deleted it.

I see that Viessioto is logged on at the moment.

Edited by journeyperson

That member has now been deleted.

It is imperative that unless you know the person who sends you an email or

personal message that you DO NOT click on any web links in it.

Canalworld CANNOT vet these messages and they can contain anything and hence need to be treated like any other email or message.

I think it is worth repeating, that

If you ever receive an email from somebody who you do not know, you do Not, repeat not, click on any links..... really...

it's basic, but needs to be repeated often.

This is why I have a separate laptop from SWMBO. She complains that her computer is slow, and doesn't do as it is told. She visits facebook, and more. I don't. I rest my case.... :lol:

There's a dodgy looking post in the blogs section posted on the 19th.

....and the latest member 'wal355' seems only to want to contribute a live link in their sig/about me, and it's in Swedish? - why bother??? .......there's absolutely nothing in their profile - a typical 'new' member - and I'm not knocking the genuine new members, who will usually provide something meaningful that would indicate they are not about to use the site for spam.

Sign in to follow this