Selling our boat

tomandsophie

Featured Posts

We've put our boat up for sale :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've put an ad on apolloduck, but I'm not quite sure where else to advertise. Of course we'll put a sign on the boat and a couple on local noticeboards, but does anybody else know of any good places to advertise?

What about Here :lol:

We've put our boat up for sale :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've put an ad on apolloduck, but I'm not quite sure where else to advertise. Of course we'll put a sign on the boat and a couple on local noticeboards, but does anybody else know of any good places to advertise?

Towpath Talk? - next issue due on 19th February 2010.

Steve

Not sure why I say this but I wouldn't sell a boat via Ebay.

One doesn't have to sell by auction on eBay.

At a quick glance, a 'classified' listing would cost for 28 days, £12.99 CLICKY

No final value fees (commission), just the listing cost.

If you get an offer, you can leave the ad in place and state it's under offer, then, should it fall through, you still have

the benefit of the remainder of the 28 days.

You can provide extra photos much in the same way as you do photos here on CWDF

........edited to add last line above....

Edited by dave69700

One doesn't have to sell by auction on eBay.

At a quick glance, a 'classified' listing would cost for 28 days, £12.99 CLICKY

No final value fees (commission), just the listing cost.

If you get an offer, you can leave the ad in place and state it's under offer, then, should it fall through, you still have

the benefit of the remainder of the 28 days.

You can provide extra photos much in the same way as you do photos here on CWDF

........edited to add last line above....

I agree with what you say, I don't think it's the money side of things. Somehow it seems to be the incorrect media for a boat.

Incidentally, I wouldn't buy a boat from ebay either.

Just me I guess. Martyn

Link to apolloduck here

That is a very nice looking boat and the description is very detailed.

Just a question - does AD not allow the placing of more pics. at extra cost??

If they do to private sellers surely the extra expense at the asking price is justified??

I know I have seen many ads on AD with more pics. but I think possibly these are from brokers.

Just MHO but as you seem to be selling a very nice and quality looking boat I would say it would be worth 5-10% to a good broker to market it for you.

Alternatively, if it's still for sale this summer PM me with the current asking price :lol:

If they do to private sellers surely the extra expense at the asking price is justified??

I know I have seen many ads on AD with more pics. but I think possibly these are from brokers.

Just MHO but as you seem to be selling a very nice and quality looking boat I would say it would be worth 5-10% to a good broker to market it for you.

Alternatively, if it's still for sale this summer PM me with the current asking price :lol:

I second the above about photos as well

The clue may be in this bit of the advertisement....

NB - more photos to come. Current photo was taken before blacking - it looks even shinier and blacker now!

The clue may be in this bit of the advertisement....

Perhaps I might be allowed to clarify.

I've been dredging through numerous for sale ads over recent weeks and months as research into a prospective boat purchase.

Numerous ad's appear on Apollo Duck - but for some reason only ads.placed with a broker seem to allow multiple pictures, single picture ads. seem to free and plentiful.

Having said the above I did then discover paid for ads including pics by private users are indeed possible (though seem to be rarely seen on Apollo Duck), so I wondered why the sellers of a near £100K boat hadn't placed any, only to discover (because I missed the last line) they intend to post pics after the boat is blacked, which is great, not sure how that will enhance the interior shots and above the waterline shots however... :lol:

All the above said - the boat is very nice :lol:

Edited by MJG

Pardon me I was just trying to helpful..

and you were just trying to be what....

oh an arse....

I was trying to point out to you that the vendors had already indicated their intention to add more photos.

To me, your post seemed to be worded in a way that didn't seem to have picked up on that.

I'm struggling therefore to understand why you are being abusive to me, frankly - my worst "crime", (if I've committed one), seems to be no more than I have misunderstood your meaning.

I was trying to point out to you that the vendors had already indicated their intention to add more photos.

To me, your post seemed to be worded in a way that didn't seem to have picked up on that.

I'm struggling therefore to understand why you are being abusive to me, frankly - my worst "crime", (if I've committed one), seems to be no more than I have misunderstood your meaning.

and any possible 'crime' I have committed was misunderstanding what I took to be your sarcastic response...

does that make us quits???

edit for clarity

Edited by MJG

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry, haven't looked on the forums for a while.

In answer to your questions:

I will put a new add on Apolloduck tonight when I have got all the new photos ready. It has nothing to do with the blacking (that was a separate comment unrelated to interior pics), but just that I had to wait for some sunshine to take the interior pictures!

With regards to ebay, I guess I might as well put a classified ad on there. The more internet coverage the better.

Still sad though, although I'm excited about being able to grow vegetables, keep chickens, and live near the sea in the South West!

I will put it up on this forum as soon as the Apolloduck ad goes live.

With regards to a broker - I have considered it but they generally take a fairly big cut of the price and as we're not in any hurry to sell I'd rather do it myself if poss.

A broker may take a commision on your sale price, but they will oftem get a higher price than a private seller, plus they are likely to get more footfall and potential buyers through the doors. A good broker will sell a good boat for a good price pretty quickly.