Stolen Boat

pagan witch

Featured Posts

A friend of mine has been unlucky enough to have had his narrowboat stolen from the Birmingham area.

The bad news is it was 'sometime in the last 6 weeks'

The good news is that :-

a) It must have started by going northwards due to BWB maintenance program in the area.

:lol: For much of that time there has been so much ice as BWB report 90% of system effectively closed due to ice

c) It is a distinctive boat. 35ft narrowboats are not all that common.

So if you live on or near a canal or you walk the towpath ,look out for a 35ft boat in GWR colours (brown with a cream roof ) called TRES and let me know if you see it,or saw it in the last 6 wks.

Anyone with information / sightings please contact me via PM or e-maul me directly at

webmaster at peakbusiness dot co dot uk

and also contact West Midlands Police.

I'm still trying to get photos

A friend of mine has been unlucky enough to have had his narrowboat stolen from the Birmingham area.

a) It must have started by going northwards due to BWB maintenance program in the area.

:lol: For much of that time there has been so much ice as BWB report 90% of system effectively closed due to ice

So if you live on or near a canal or you walk the towpath ,look out for a 35ft boat in GWR colours (brown with a cream roof ) called TRES and let me know if you see it,or saw it in the last 6 wks.

Anyone with information / sightings please contact me via PM or e-maul me directly at

Where was it moored when it was stolen?

PS

I moor in Birmingham and my boat is 35ft

:lol:

Edited by Laurie.Booth

I shall keep an eye out when I am on the boat but as many pics as possible will help the cause a lot as a description of length colour and name isn't much to go on despite 35ft being an unusual length. Apart from the size of the boat all the other details you mention can be changed over night so it comes down to recognising more permanent features and some pics we could print off and take with is on our travels is very useful.

I think I've just invented a new name for spam then - instead of being spammed I guess we could say we've been e-mauled.

Back to a more serious note then . . . I have asked him for crime reference number, licene number, photos and distinguishing features.

As soon as I get these I'll add them and anyother info that we can get hold of.

I'd also like to thank those of you, who within minutes of the posting are offering help and advice - this is very much appreciated.

Your friend will find there's a lot of good will amongst fellow-boaters and I'm sure everyone who can will do everything to help.

Could we ask that you keep us all up to date regularly – areas covered, possible sightings etc. When there's a lack of information the rumours and speculations start flying and it becomes very difficult to know how best to help.

On the positive side, it's very unusual for a boat to disappear completely – with one recent notorious exception.

Best of luck with the search.

Your friend will find there's a lot of good will amongst fellow-boaters and I'm sure everyone who can will do everything to help.

Could we ask that you keep us all up to date regularly – areas covered, possible sightings etc. When there's a lack of information the rumours and speculations start flying and it becomes very difficult to know how best to help.

On the positive side, it's very unusual for a boat to disappear completely – with one recent notorious exception.

Best of luck with the search.

Not the Birmingham "Triangle"

I have asked him for crime reference number, licene number, photos and distinguishing features.

As soon as I get these I'll add them and anyother info that we can get hold of.

I'd also like to thank those of you, who within minutes of the posting are offering help and advice - this is very much appreciated.

In the meantime is there anything else you do know ?

Even like is it trad/semi-trad/cruiser sterned ?

Or who built it ?

Or who built it ?

Actually, it's ColeCraft, I assume ?

TRES Built by COLE CRAFT ENG. LTD - Length 10.67 metres (35 feet ) - Beam 2.05 metres (6 feet 9 inches ) - Draft 0.51 metres (1 feet 8 inches ) Metal hull, power of 30BHP. Registered with British Waterways number 67650 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 19-May-09.

Hmmmm.....

3 weeks ago a number of boats were broken into where I moor (Knowle) and a number of "Boaty Things" stolen.

I know Tres and where she moors so I wonder if thats a co - incidence

Will keep a lookout

Geoff

Hmmmm.....

3 weeks ago a number of boats were broken into where I moor (Knowle) and a number of "Boaty Things" stolen.

I know Tres and where she moors so I wonder if thats a co - incidence

Will keep a lookout

Geoff

So where in Birmingham does/did Tres moor?

GREAT NEWS - it has been found.

Seems it was broken in to then set adrift and was found by a passing boater who then kindly towed it to a BWB compound. Seems that it has taken 5 weeks for BWB to get round to telling him they had got it.

My thanks to all of those who acted as eyes and ears here. Not sure what was taken or damaged but at least he has got the boat back.

Edited by pagan witch

Seems it was broken in to then set adrift and was found by a passing boater who then kindly towed it to a BWB compound. Seems that it has taken 5 weeks for BWB to get round to telling him they had got it.

My thanks to all of those who acted as eyes and ears here. Not sure what was taken or damaged but at least he has got the boat back.

That's good news. I remember seeing Tres in the past.

Thanks for letting us know

Richard

Excellent, at least he will get his boat back.