someone stole my looooo!

jojoknitter

Featured Posts

Hello all. its along time since i have been on the forum but i just had to share this with you all. I have had my cassette for my loo STOLEN! :lol:

I emptied it at my local elsan point, put it in the back of my van ( and i definatley remember doing this because i had to wedge it in!)

I then left my van ( and i am guessing - unlocked) came back , got in, got back to the boat - opened the back of my van and.... GONE! no loo cassette thing in sight!

A) who would steal a used ( luckily emptied - although i wish it had been full now..) loo cassette,

and :lol: how did they do it with out me noticing? i left the van for only a few minutes.

And the saga of getting a new one over the xmas period was a nightmare.

ahhhhhg!!!!!

I am used to other stuff going walkabouts unless you chain and lock it - but a toilet??????

has this happened to anyone else??

Hello all. its along time since i have been on the forum but i just had to share this with you all. I have had my cassette for my loo STOLEN! :lol:

<SNIP>

Well the sad thing is it's got to be another boater or a cravanner who's nicked it for a spare, I think they cost around £50 to £70 depending on type so it's certainly classed as 'nicakble'.

I emptied it at my local elsan point, put it in the back of my van ( and i definatley remember doing this because i had to wedge it in!)

I then left my van ( and i am guessing - unlocked) came back , got in, got back to the boat - opened the back of my van and.... GONE! no loo cassette thing in sight!

A) who would steal a used ( luckily emptied - although i wish it had been full now..) loo cassette,

and ;) how did they do it with out me noticing? i left the van for only a few minutes.

ahhhhhg!!!!!

I am used to other stuff going walkabouts unless you chain and lock it - but a toilet??????

Could be worse. A chap who used to come into my pub had his expensive tile disc cutter nicked from the back of his van. He reckoned the thief had been in the back of his van and taken the cutter in the time taken it took him to walk into the house to drop off his tool box and back again. Less than 2 minutes? :lol:

Someone must have been watching. Chap reckoned it was someone living on the other side of the road. :lol:

Stealing a mans means to earning a crust - how effin low can you get? :lol:

Moral of the story - get a dead lock fitted to the load bay door.

Edited by bag 'o' bones

Given what the damn things cost, and given they are designed to be easily portable, I'm surprised how many people leave spares, (possibly awaiting emptying ? :lol:), outside.

People will go to a lot of effort to syphon £75 worth of "red", so nicking a cassette that costs similar isn't that surprising, I guess.

and :lol: how did they do it with out me noticing? i left the van for only a few minutes.

ahhhhhg!!!!!

No sh1t..........!?

Edit.

Get down to the police station ASAP and report it.

Edited by andywatson

Or a very large, very fierce dog!

Stewey

I did once hear about a scrapyard that had two trained and very fierce shepherd dogs that were let loose in the yard at night. yes

they were stolen. don't know how true it is though - to me it sounds just a bit too perfect. but I soooo want it to be!

cheers.

nigel

I did once hear about a scrapyard that had two trained and very fierce shepherd dogs that were let loose in the yard at night. yes

they were stolen. don't know how true it is though - to me it sounds just a bit too perfect. but I soooo want it to be!

cheers.

nigel

We had all the security lights around our factory unit nicked

Alex

I managed to give away half a porta-potti. The bottom half was on Warrior as our spare back-up and I popped the top half back onto Helyn when prospective purchasers came to visit, just for effect... They bought her there and then and drove off with the boat and top half of loo still in it. So while we do still have the spare tank, it would have been nice to have the option of making a whole loo out of it again. And it's certainly not a lot of use to the new owners (hope they don't try and use it....)

(by the way, isn't it a sad state of affairs when you try to text the word 'south' and your phone's predictive text assumes that you want to write 'potti')