sudden rush of blood

mayfly

Featured Posts

Hi everyone

Totaly new to forums but here goes.

I saw a boat on the internet for sale at Sawley marina so went to have a look.

Came away with a Burland 26 foot G R P cruiser

Didn't consult the OH oops

Something like this?:

Pic1.jpg

Welcome to boating. Unless you are a business there are no sensible reasons for buying a boat so you are just as crazy as the rest of us!

Richard

Mooring?

Hi Richard

Thats the baby ,nice boat

not moored at the moment she's in my workshop having a refit (the boat not the wife)

Hi everyone

I seem to recall from the (far distant) days of Biology tuition at school ('O' Levels only!) that Mayflys have a rather short lifespan . . . .

and that's before one buys a boat . . . . .. . :lol:

Welcome aboard Squire!

Hi everyone

Welcome.

Oops indeed. I did something similar in Sept 1992 - I bought a narrowboat, but it was a bit rough. I started work on it and the OH didn't find out (I couldn't contain myself any longer!) until Easter 1993 :lol:.

When she first came to see it, the lockkeeper presented her with her (Dunton) windlass (that I'd bought, but left it on site) Her face was a picture!

It will be an investment when it's finished (I've had start a second refit due to having to take up the floor for the new bottom plate to be attached down the centre of the boat)

I had a few sideways glances over the first few weeks, but I'm still here (and she loves boating)

Some of us live on them?

True. And in the larger scheme of things it would make more sense to plonk your dwelling on a hard standing rather than having it floating about. Clearly there is more to owning a boat than sensible, hard nosed practical decisions. I'm crazier than you because I have a boat that is big enough to live on, but I choose to leave it tied up on its own most of the time. Madness, but I wouldn't be parted from it.

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Hi everyone

Thats nothing the house next door but one to us has just changed hands. The couple who have it now, his better half sold their cottage and then bought this one without him knowing about it.

I seem to recall from the (far distant) days of Biology tuition at school ('O' Levels only!) that Mayflys have a rather short lifespan . . . .

and that's before one buys a boat . . . . .. . :lol:

Welcome aboard Squire!

A day at most so I must be living on borrowed time lol

Anyway thanks to everyone for the welcome

a few nice sunny days relaxing on the river will make things all nice again. my OH had no interest at all in boats till she agreed we could buy one to satiate my desires! now she loves it and can't wait to start our fit out and move aboard. just keep the head down and hope for the best till the warmer weather comes.

cheers

and welcome to my nightmare

nigel

:lol:

a few nice sunny days relaxing on the river will make things all nice again. my OH had no interest at all in boats till she agreed we could buy one to satiate my desires! now she loves it and can't wait to start our fit out and move aboard. just keep the head down and hope for the best till the warmer weather comes.

cheers

and welcome to my nightmare

nigel

:lol:

Thanks Nigel

a lot of nice sunny days would be nice after the recent weather. the boss will come round eventually (creep creep)

Thats nothing the house next door but one to us has just changed hands. The couple who have it now, his better half sold their cottage and then bought this one without him knowing about it.

I put our house up for sale and told hubby afterwards. He couldn't have cared less :lol:

Sue

Hi everyone

Wow! What a Hero, someone that the rest of us can look up to!! (I hope SWMBO doesn't read this!)

I went a different route. Yachting for many years, having to get up at ridiculous o'clock to catch the tide, weather man gets it wrong again so SWMBO spends quite a lot of time talking to 'Huey' on the big white telephone etc. THEN I play my trump card. "How would you like a boat on the canal system, dear?" The look of gratitude has to be seen! So, go on, go out and buy a yacht as well. You'll soon win Her round!! :lol:

Wow! What a Hero, someone that the rest of us can look up to!! (I hope SWMBO doesn't read this!)

I went a different route. Yachting for many years, having to get up at ridiculous o'clock to catch the tide, weather man gets it wrong again so SWMBO spends quite a lot of time talking to 'Huey' on the big white telephone etc. THEN I play my trump card. "How would you like a boat on the canal system, dear?" The look of gratitude has to be seen! So, go on, go out and buy a yacht as well. You'll soon win Her round!! :lol:

Wimp :lol:

The boss thinks you can get seasick on the canal :lol: