crew section

Heffalump

Featured Posts

A bit for;

boats that need crewing,

and crew that need boating :lol:

:lol: Hi young Heff

Forget all that fitness training rubbish, just remember hospitals are full of athletes......I train daily wiv my mates in the Boat at Thrupp we are there tonite with live music if you want to come along. We start on fruit juice ( usually apple ) tee hee then move on to The black stuff it makes you happy and will def put some weight on you. My training regime has being going on since I was 18 so its well proven so get in there........... :lol:

;) Hi young Heff

Forget all that fitness training rubbish, just remember hospitals are full of athletes......I train daily wiv my mates in the Boat at Thrupp we are there tonite with live music if you want to come along. We start on fruit juice ( usually apple ) tee hee then move on to The black stuff it makes you happy and will def put some weight on you. My training regime has being going on since I was 18 so its well proven so get in there........... :lol:

Ha ha ha if I had seen this earlier then I would have popped down to see everyone!! I'm going to go into heyford tomorrow for a bit of advice about local moorings :lol: so might have to pop in and see you and the good lady too, if you've got any advice, I know what your normal advice is like :lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Would you envisage this as a sub-forum within the 'General Boating' similar to that of the banters section within the VP?

Are people agreed that this would be useful and well used section? Options and thoughts?

Daniel

I think it's a great idea - I can envisage using it when we could do with a bit of help with a challenging flight of locks (another pair of hands would have been useful when we came up the Wigan Flight last summer). It'd be particularly good for single handed boaters to enlist a bit of assistance in exchange for a beer or two - always a satisfactory transaction :lol:

I think its a brilliant idea

Graham Robinson put a call out for a crew member for a fortnight a couple of years ago and I was able to take him up on his offer.

My first trip on a narrowboat so my first go at locks, steering, the whole thing. In fact it was the first time I'd been on a canal. Graham is a very knowledgable man so he taught me a lot about the canal history, architecture etc. I learned an enormous amount and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Got to be a good thing to do.

I think it's a great idea - I can envisage using it when we could do with a bit of help with a challenging flight of locks (another pair of hands would have been useful when we came up the Wigan Flight last summer). It'd be particularly good for single handed boaters to enlist a bit of assistance in exchange for a beer or two - always a satisfactory transaction :lol:

I assisted the single handed Maffi down the Wigan flight a couple of years ago when he first got his boat. No harm in asking for help if you need it.

Steve

Certainly a good idea.

If the boat I'm looking at on Saturday is going to be the one, I'm planning on having her prepared and BSC tested near where she is now moored, and after sail her to Devizes. As that will involve a trip up the Thames, I'll be looking to find somebody to give me a hand (hopefully late February, maybe March). Should take about a day or eight. Crew must bring own sleeping bag, I'll bring the beer... :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

As someone who picked up a crew of three previously unknown forum members last year, I can also confirm that this is a good idea.

Richard

I now have three new friends. Well, not that new. Some are quite old really...

As someone who has been known to crew on many a forum members boat I will agree - it is an excellent idea!

Memo to potential crew - find yourself a windlass (by borrowing the skippers sea searcher) and you may find you get invited along even more often - even if it is only thru Atherstone flight :lol:

• 6 years later...