Canalboat exchange

meldave

Featured Posts

Hi there, We are new to this forum. Hope we are using the correct procedure. Can anyone lead us to a site where we could swop our motorhome in New Zealand in exchange for time on a canalboat in 2010.

Hello Mel and Dave (I assume that's your names) and welcome. It's still last year up here, we are a bit behind you. I reckon that you have made a good start in choosing to ask your question on this web site, good luck with finding your exchange.

Mike (whose first, ill-advised, marriage took place long ago in Tauranga, North Island).

Hello Mel and Dave (I assume that's your names) and welcome. It's still last year up here, we are a bit behind you. I reckon that you have made a good start in choosing to ask your question on this web site, good luck with finding your exchange.

Mike (whose first, ill-advised, marriage took place long ago in Tauranga, North Island).

Kia Ora Mike. Happy New Year. Do you have a narrowboat

Kia Ora Mike. Happy New Year. Do you have a narrowboat

Yes indeed, 45 foot tug, but not for exchange I regret to say.

One thing you could try: at a nearby marina, Fox Narrowboats, there is a 41 foot boat which is owned by Kiwis. They moored up at our landing stage last year as they were visiting the UK. If you contact the boatyard maybe they can put you in touch with the owners. Look for Fox Narrowboats web site.

I would love to exchane but not till 2011 when we come over and smash the southern hemisphere and teach them how to play proper Rugby !!;-)))

With regret, I can't see that happening before 2111!

I would love to exchane but not till 2011 when we come over and smash the southern hemisphere and teach them how to play proper Rugby !!;-)))

Yea, is that so! We have never heard of Rugby. Is it something you eat! Sorry we are going to disappear in 2011 when all the lovely people from the other side of the world appear here. .

Yea, is that so! We have never heard of Rugby. Is it something you eat! Sorry we are going to disappear in 2011 when all the lovely people from the other side of the world appear here. .

I don't think I was very clear in explaining the exchange process. Non simultaneous dates work better so that jetlag can be overcome and familiarisation of vehicles and vessels are possible. So we would anticipate coming to the UK say sometime between April/ May 2010, and our vehicle would be available any time from when we return up until December 2010.

I don't think I was very clear in explaining the exchange process. Non simultaneous dates work better so that jetlag can be overcome and familiarisation of vehicles and vessels are possible. So we would anticipate coming to the UK say sometime between April/ May 2010, and our vehicle would be available any time from when we return up until December 2010.

Hi

Whats the cost of air fare these days and where are you based.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Although a long way away (36 hrs on the plane), New Zealand is a truly wonderful place.

I went in 2005 with the son & hier and had a great time visiting friends..

Howvevr a month is not enough - we moved around a fair bit but didn't see everything in that time.

One firm reccommdation I have is to use the (albeit limited) train system for long trips. Its THE BEST way to see the interior regions - we spent the whole time on the observation deck.

Queenstown for the buzz, Bay of Islands for relaxation.

Hi

Thanks for that - not a expensive as I thought.

I'll wait for meldave to get back onto the forum, they might have found someone already.

Alex

Hi Alex, Sorry for not getting back to you until now but we are in the process of organising an arrangement with some people in Cheshire. Thanks for your interest anyway.