Cromford Canal's John Gray?

Greenbat

Featured Posts

As I posted elsewhere, I've been reading a book about the Cromford Canal Society, which was just down the road from me. They had a passenger boat called John Gray, which was sold off when the society was shut down. Apparently she (he?) was 60ft, and last seen converted for living in around the Thames. She was built by the west Riding boat company, originally at 40ft.

And as an aside-back in april, I was asking about living on a boat as a cheaper alternative to a house, and was put off by the massive mooring fees. Hypothetically speaking, if I had a boat on a bit of canal that was nothing to do with and isolated from BW, would I have to pay them anything?

• 9 years later...
On 23/12/2009 at 17:50, Greenbat said:

As I posted elsewhere, I've been reading a book about the Cromford Canal Society, which was just down the road from me. They had a passenger boat called John Gray, which was sold off when the society was shut down. Apparently she (he?) was 60ft, and last seen converted for living in around the Thames. She was built by the west Riding boat company, originally at 40ft.

And as an aside-back in april, I was asking about living on a boat as a cheaper alternative to a house, and was put off by the massive mooring fees. Hypothetically speaking, if I had a boat on a bit of canal that was nothing to do with and isolated from BW, would I have to pay them anything?

Not been seen for nine years. Do I get the idea that the OP quckly realised that living on a boat is simply not a cheap alternative to a house lol.