Seventies boating

antarmike

Featured Posts

Does anyone have any more photos or details of Cambourne town class motor?

Hello,

Are you the current owner, please?

I ask, because I think I have had a "conversation" with someone about the boat fairly recently, but I can't for the life of me remember when or where!

I'm not aware of much except those posted in this thread by my brother (Antar Mike).

I've a sneaking feeling that there was a picture postcard of Raven's Lane lock in Berkhamsted with a full length BWB Town class motor from the maintenance fleet on, and that this was probably Cambourne. These occasionally turn up on e-Bay.

Hello,

Are you the current owner, please?

I ask, because I think I have had a "conversation" with someone about the boat fairly recently, but I can't for the life of me remember when or where!

I'm not aware of much except those posted in this thread by my brother (Antar Mike).

I've a sneaking feeling that there was a picture postcard of Raven's Lane lock in Berkhamsted with a full length BWB Town class motor from the maintenance fleet on, and that this was probably Cambourne. These occasionally turn up on e-Bay.

Hi Alan,

Yes I am the current owner and we did speak a little while ago over Facebook if I remember correctly.

We bought Cambourne from Mike (another Mike who is not your brother) who converted it into a liveaboard about 10 years ago. I have seen some images of Cambourne when it was privately owned but still carrying however not seen much else. I will try and get some digital versions of these photographs sent over so that I can post them up on another thread.

Many thanks for your help. I shall carry on looking!

Cheers!

Yes, I'd be interested to see any old pictures of the boat.

It is one I remember well as a local maintenance boat, although it seemed only my brother photographed it - I don't seem to have done.

Good luck, and if, in your searches, you find anything of either "Sickle" or "Letchworth"/"Flamingo", I would of course love to see it.

As maintenance boats "Sickle" and "Cambourne" would regularly have been tied up at the same locations as each other.