Whos got what planned for next year

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

oh my god! that piccie takes me back. she's beautiful. trident was always a dream for me - and always just out of reach. had to make do with a tiger (bike, not stripey big cat).

anyway, our schedule: 1. cruise hull back from cheshire to northants

2: spend rest of my life fitting out.

future years just repeat 2 ad infinitum

cheers

nigel

and if anyone sees us give us a toot.

A bit different to how she was after the fire:

v0_master.jpg

Richard

Shire Cruisers will no doubt miss your regular custom - enjoy the new waters

We've been with Shire three times now, and this will be our third time with Canal Cruising Co of Stone. Nice to have a familiar boat when on unfamiliar waters!

Our plan is to join up with Janet down to London. then up the Thames and staying around to include Devizes and Lechlade before completing the loop via the Oxford to Braunston.

This cunning plan was hatched during a rather beer fuelled weekend on board Keeping Up during the summer, and I'm glad that we've managed to formulate our slightly tipsy musings into a definite plan and the timing worked out for us!

We'll be travelling together for a few days, and grateful for the company of a much more experienced crew!

Janet

Hi All

We are going to try the Tidal Thames next year in May. Now we are moored on the River Wey, the local Boat Club has kindly agreed that we can "tag along" with them when they make their way to Little Venice for the Rally in May. So we won't be going alone.

We will not be staying at the Rally, so not sure what we will do once we get to Brentford (all suggestions welcome - we will have about 3 days before we have to start back).

Cheers

Jo.

What date will that be? We may see each other, as we make our way from Limehouse to Teddington. We've a vague thought of heading back down to visit the Wey again after the initial dash up to Oxford; I'd love to see the Basy as well, it's always been closed whenever we've tried to go there.

This cunning plan was hatched during a rather beer fuelled weekend on board Keeping Up during the summer

That's how the best-laid plans are usually formed.

True, but they don't usually come to much! This one is going to be an epic....

Would you believe we've already started packing? For a trip in MAY? Oh yes, things are being squirrelled away and plans and preparations made....

Janet

Been waiting for 2010 for what seems like forever ! We've been living aboard since May 2008 (when I retired early :lol: ). In April 2010 Mark leaves work & we start CCing, have no real route planned for the start of our new life except going via Manchester to visit children & grandchildren.

Then go where the fancy (water levels & stoppages permitting :lol: ) takes us, can't wait !

We've been with Shire three times now, and this will be our third time with Canal Cruising Co of Stone. Nice to have a familiar boat when on unfamiliar waters!

This cunning plan was hatched during a rather beer fuelled weekend on board Keeping Up during the summer, and I'm glad that we've managed to formulate our slightly tipsy musings into a definite plan and the timing worked out for us!

We'll be travelling together for a few days, and grateful for the company of a much more experienced crew!

Janet

I am really jealous, a whole month, if only the most we have managed is 10 days which was great.

We have been with Canal Crusing Co several times, their boats are brilliant and the owners are great.

This year we are off on the 4 Counties in May and have booked to go on the Warwickshire Ring in September, oh how I love the Hatton Flight!!

Julie

Another humble hirer here: -

Wife, her sister & hubby, their son and another friend and I have got Lilac from Middlewich Narrowboats booked for 5 days from April 12th. Barbridge, Nantwich, Llangollen to Wrenbury, back to the Shropshire to Bunbury, then return to Middlewich. Really, really, reeaallyy ...... looking forward to it!!

Pete

I am really jealous, a whole month, if only the most we have managed is 10 days which was great.

We have been with Canal Crusing Co several times, their boats are brilliant and the owners are great.

This year we are off on the 4 Counties in May and have booked to go on the Warwickshire Ring in September, oh how I love the Hatton Flight!!

We had to fight tooth and nail to get the time off, but I'm sure it's going to be worth it! Canal Cruising Co have done us a brilliant deal for the month. As you say, brilliant boats! We're on Rosemary, the tiddliest one they have, but she handles like a dream and she's perfect for just the two of us.

When are you going in May, and where from? Knowing our "missions" we may just find ourselves with time to spare at the end and whizz round the Four Counties just for fun...

Janet

We had to fight tooth and nail to get the time off, but I'm sure it's going to be worth it! Canal Cruising Co have done us a brilliant deal for the month. As you say, brilliant boats! We're on Rosemary, the tiddliest one they have, but she handles like a dream and she's perfect for just the two of us.

When are you going in May, and where from? Knowing our "missions" we may just find ourselves with time to spare at the end and whizz round the Four Counties just for fun...

Janet

We aren't out until the 31st May starting out at Autherley Junction with Napton Narrowboats, another really good firm, great boats and lovely boatyard with staff who are more than happy to let you take the boat out early if it is ready.

I could negotiate a month off but the other half is self employed so if he doesn't work he does't earn anything!! Roll on retirement, mind you with the current pension situation maybe that will be further away than anticipated :lol:

We are off with a big boat with my mum and stepdad, his cousin, my brother and wife and his 3 daughters. Sandra, my sister inlaw is a jimmy chooo shoe fan and came with us for the first time 2 years ago and I would have laid bets that she would not enjoy this sort of holiday. How wrong can you be she loves it but she still brings the jimmy choos, the sight of her tottering up the tow path avoiding muddy puddles was really something. Having said this she was and is great doing locks etc

September we are off with Valley Cruisers, never been with them before but have always been impressed by the look of their boats. We are somewhat limited for choice as over the years we have gone off making up beds at night as insist on made up doubles etc spoilt I know but we like our comfort!!

Julie

So called because it leaked so much bl@@dy oil!! :lol:

Alex

Named slippery sam after the rider Percy Tait whos nickname was Sam, having covered him in oil it was he who was initially named slippery sam and the name was connected to the bike later. I always fancy myself as Percy when I ride my bonny and followed his and ray pickerells careers closely at the time.

New Year's Eve/Day-

The possibility is to take the narrowboat up under here:

2395733505_605a15ff09.jpg

Down here:

river_cam_cambridge_university.jpg

And finish up here:

cambridge03big.jpg

In convoy with a couple of other boaters, to see in the New Year.

Easter- not sure, possibly down all the way to Bedford. Depends on other commitments.

I'm definitely doing the Tideway next year, in a 60' boat- but one with only 4" of freeboard.....

_44910816_rowingeight_ap416.jpg

Summer, well... not sure. We're not sure we want to spend the week or so there, and the week or so back, dealing with the Ouze-Middle Level-Nene journey onto the canals, so we might get down to BWML's marina in Bedford and get put back in at Milton Keynes or somewhere on the canals. GOing up to Birmingham again would be nice, as would getting slightly further north, i.e. on the Shroppie.

• 2 weeks later...
Jam ole'

Good man, I'll see you there, if I don't see you at any of the following before:

Up and down southern GU delivering coal

Braunston to get my engine sorted out

HNBOC Easter do at Coventry (EP's such a long way, but might change my mind if the weather and everything else is good!)

Tempted to join Jim MacDonald (Elizabeth) on his trip across the wash (wanted to do that for a long while, but may be tricky getting boat in the right places at the right time)

Cavalcade

Ricky

Stoke Bruerne

Braunston

Various trips on and around the Thames and a run up to Brum as well

National at Beale Park

Shackerstone

Jam 'ole (with another run back towards London again!! I must be mad!!)

Standard 'Subject to Change' disclaimer is in effect! :-)

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by mykaskin

Good man, I'll see you there, if I don't see you at any of the following before:

Up and down southern GU delivering coal

Braunston to get my engine sorted out

HNBOC Easter do at Coventry (EP's such a long way, but might change my mind if the weather and everything else is good!)

Tempted to join Jim MacDonald (Elizabeth) on his trip across the wash (wanted to do that for a long while, but may be tricky getting boat in the right places at the right time)

Cavalcade

Ricky

Stoke Bruerne

Braunston

Various trips on and around the Thames and a run up to Brum as well

National at Beale Park

Shackerstone

Jam 'ole (with another run back towards London again!! I must be mad!!)

Standard 'Subject to Change' disclaimer is in effect! :-)

Cheers,

Mike

Shall we inform the RNLI? :lol:

Ooh! Any chance you might need some crew!

MP.

I don't think we'll be doing it over the New Year, because we need to do a fair bit of prep we've not had time for; accurately measure the profile of the Duck, and go punting with a tape measure, plus ask the Conservatories Conservatives Conservators of the Cam for permission before we go, check water levels, etc.

But we are planning to go before April, so we'll be in touch...

Well I retire next year in the Autumn and I am beginning to plan a little trip before I begin my new employment

So far I have got: -

1) A stopover in Iceland on the way to Canada's East coast

2) Fish for Pike for a few days in North East Canada

3) Cross Canada on that very long train route to the Pacific (I love trains and Canada in the fall will be stunning)

4) Fish for Salmon on the Canadian east coast

5) Hire a Triumph Rocket 3 and ride down the Pacific Highway stopping where I want but ending in near Mexico

6) Head for Florida visiting places like New Orleans on the way

7) Do some sea fishing in Florida

After that I suppose I'll have to come home from somewhere

The essence of the trip is that I have no schedule - only destinations

I have no idea if I can make it happen but I'd like to try - transport will be as I like; train; bike; bus; car; whatever

no boats?

, but I'm keen to challenge with someone else's...

here's me thhinking it was every two years... Hmmm!

Otherwise we've three weeks off in late June early July and will be arsing around, not going very far and letting the cats out a lot. It's their year for a holiday (and after last year's mad dash back from Luff a leisurely jaunt would be nice but don't tell the cats that). We'd reckon Black Country ring, up to Tixall then see from there, as to any further, we we've agreed we're not going through Autherley stop.

Easy!

The main thing that is going to happen to me next year is that I am going to become a dad :lol:

So hopefully, all going well I will be having a trip on the Thames up from Teddington to Lechlade and back again in late spring or early summer sometime with my other half and our daughter :lol:

Ahhh now that the days are drawing out again we are planning our main trip in June which coincides with a big birthday for my good lady wife. So we are doing a 2 week trip from Worcester, Tewsbury, Stratford, Birmingham and back down the dreaded Tardebigge flight. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...
What date will that be? We may see each other, as we make our way from Limehouse to Teddington. We've a vague thought of heading back down to visit the Wey again after the initial dash up to Oxford; I'd love to see the Basy as well, it's always been closed whenever we've tried to go there.

Hi Keeping Up, sorry for delay in replying to this post.

The trip to(wards) Little Venice is set for the first May bank holiday weekend.

The best time for the Basingstoke I have heard is June. We have not done it yet either.

Hope to see you on the Wey as well.

Jo.

i think i will head down the thames to the river wey and back in late spring/early summer.

oh Goodie!

Hope you make it all the way down to Farncombe. Have tea and cakes at "Hectors on the Wey" at Farncombe Boat House.

We will look out for you.

Jo.

I am hoping that I might take a week or 2 in the south of france ( If I save enough Tesco clubcard points)

eg

http://www.activeandafloat.co.uk/boat-hire...ue-south-france

Paul

And I wish you all good fortune Kremmen . . . .

We did save enough Tesco points - - and have a three week holiday on the Canal du Midi, Port Cassafieres to Toulouse, then retrace our course, and proceed East through the Camargue to St Gilles / Beaucaire - through the Etang de Thau & Canal du Rhone a Sete.

This will be the second best highlight of the year - - the highlight being that we shall be buying our future home in 2010 - a widebeam - - - oh exciting times looking at the moment - :lol::lol::lol::lol: